What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BCP Shop now open, has anyone had recent experience (this season) or have plans to..?

Hi,

Not to step on anyone's toes, and I think using initials gets past the "don't mention vendors by name"...but if not moderators please feel free to delete this. But if we are on ok ground, here goes.
I am wondering if anyone has recent experience with the CR vendors. Or plans to. Some feelers last year and into this season have not worked out so far. I thought I might see if anyone
had planned a group order..or had done one recently and would share how well or poorly it went. I have a tendency to vacillate on this because of mambo cost and huge uncertainty.

I would also like to add that for the purpose of this discussion - all who are in are complying with all laws, and using proper permits doing all their homework. And that general statements about significant costs and hurdles to overcome are givens. No worries about that. I just seek information to the good or to the bad. I have heard from at least one of the folks that recent shipments to the US have being delayed (at ports or...?) for up to a week and sometimes more. In the US that is. But that their shipments to Asia go like clockwork. A follow up email said much the same, but added that from the CR to the US is fast, but then things are held up in port. Yes/No, how did he get that info? From tracking, etc.? I don't know. That was a few weeks ago.

Second part, I was wondering if anyone had ever done a cost/benefit analysis (in a general sense) as to 1) If "I" ordered this item or items myself with all associated costs - phyto, etc., and it cost X dollars
with all the conversions and etc., vs. 2) a group of folks did a group thing and split up those associated costs. Assuming of course, that overall shipping would go up with more stuff, Murphy's law creeping in, perhaps, and whatever else might come up. And of course, shipping out to each person in the group. Do you do better, worse, break even? How many losses (all, part, etc. were suffered?)

I have spoken with some folks who have had things come in tip top. Dunno the time of year. Last year, someone with very good qualifications said via email to me, that ordering in summer would be pretty much a death sentence. But, they (BCP) open up in June. So what do you do? Winter it is mostly turions, one of the things I want does not form those. The same vendor says if delays that plant probably would not survive shipping. No one else has it except for seeds, and that is pretty much a non-starter. And they won't discuss where they got them, how old they are, they won't ship or don't have plants, and they sometimes use others photos without permission. Seems to me the beauty of utric seeds is they are small, seemingly unid-able, and the adverts include the phrase, "don't give up." Which to me, means wait six months to a year till you forget to make a claim on me with Ebay.:) or what/who ever.

Anyone have anything on this??

ps. I know the heartbreak (or call it what you will) of receiving a domestic trade package or purchase that cooked in the mail. It does not happen often thankfully. This other deal puts so much else into the mix... but when you look at the pictures...

By the way, if this should be in general discussion, whoops.

Re: Group Orders

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/s...der-Interest?p=1125011&viewfull=1#post1125011
Also, it is the stance of TF that we do not support the official organization of group orders, publicly or privately. This is because of the difficulty and the necessity of group collaboration and money changing hands and the level of accountability necessary of all individuals involved. We have seen it go bad before and so the decision was made to not allow it.
Thanks for understanding,
Andrew

Well then, scratch that. However, it would still be of interest to know if anyone placed a single order his/herself, and how it sussed out. Must have missed Andrew's post, my error.

Back