What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ban-Crazy

Totalitarian government, global or not, is bad. I think a global democracy united under one government is good, not a global totalitarian government. No no no not at all.

To use history as a barometer I would say it would be inevitable.
Bolshevik Revolution->Stalin
1st French Revolution->Napolean
Iranian Revolution->Ayatollah's
etc... etc...

And to protect us from the Terrorists our government is sliding down that slippery slope.
Didn't someone once say "those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserves neither"

& Look at the UN, a democracy of dictators.

I think De-centralizing goverment and increasing trade inter-dependancy and cooperative science (like the International Space Station and medical research) and the like are the best ways to learn to cooperate, work together and prevent wars and suffering on this planet.
Making a central gov't would pave the way for one person to truely rule the world.
We can watch how a democracy turns into a dictatorship by watching Venezula everyday.... a charasmatic leader with an agenda can lead to some suprising results.
The Germans handed power to Hitler democratically as well.

No thanks to a NWO

These are just my thoughts on the matter....

The UN is a great thing. They aren't dictators. IMO that is.

Plus those black helicopters are so cool.

Oh no the UN, nations getting togeather to attempt to reach compromise and discussion. Scary!

Considering that the UN seems to be protecting the genocide in Sudan and tried to condemn Israel for reacting to Hezbullah in Lebanon (it was a cross border raid to kidnap soldiers who are now probably in Iran, they launched rockets purposly at civilians and hid behind UN posts) and the country's with the biggest human-rights abuses serve on the human rights council I would say yes, the UN does suck.
I do think it's a good idea for the country's of the world to get together and debate and work things out, I just also think it's becoming a hippocritical buerocracy monster and needs reform.

I haven't looked into the Sudan issue so I won't say anything about that, but Israel really SLAUGHTERED Lebanon. The attacks weren't proportional at ALL. And then, IIRC, after a standstill had occurred, Israel bombed them anyway. Israel bombed HOUSES!

Imagine getting hit with a rock, and in retaliation you shoot the person who hit you in the head. That's pretty much what Israel did.

The UN is a sham and needs to be disassembled and sent back to each of their respective countries. Send the guy that wants to be the UN president somewhere else too !

Sounds like you don't know much about the recent Israel/Lebanon skirmish either. Throwing rocks is one thing, firing rockets at civilian towns, kidnapping and whisking away soldiers, hiding in civilian houses with children human shields and hiding behind UN posts trying to draw fire is not the same. This all violated UN a ceasefire as well and Hezbullah initiated it by kidnapping. The Israeli's do have a right to defend themselves and the Hezbullah are not the victims here, the innocent Lebanese civilians they hide behind are as are the Innocent Israeli's who are targeted by these terrorists.

It was an analogy :)

Oh I agree, The hezzies suck :) But I still would not have fired at houses, even if the baddies were there.

Ya, America mave have it's problems but they ain't nuthin compared to some of the other places in this world:-(

Sounds like you don't know much about the recent Israel/Lebanon skirmish either. Throwing rocks is one thing, firing rockets at civilian towns, kidnapping and whisking away soldiers, hiding in civilian houses with children human shields and hiding behind UN posts trying to draw fire is not the same. This all violated UN a ceasefire as well and Hezbullah initiated it by kidnapping. The Israeli's do have a right to defend themselves and the Hezbullah are not the victims here, the innocent Lebanese civilians they hide behind are as are the Innocent Israeli's who are targeted by these terrorists.

Wow, how ironic you say that JustLikeAPill does not know much about Isreali-Lebanese conflict, as you too seem to be equally uninformed. Though I cant blame you as Im guessing you live in the United States and our media and government have a strong Zionist bias too them. The problem goes way back to the creation of Israel which forced a large number of Palestinians to flee to Lebanon. Speed ahead to 1982 when Israel invaded and occupied southern Lebanon and took many prisoner who still to this day have not been released. Speed ahead to 2006 Israel does a prisoner grab in the middle of the night in Palestine taking an unknown number of Palestinians prisoner. Hamas responds by taking an Israeli solider prisoner. Israel responds by destroying a water treatment plant and power plants in Palestine. Hezbollah (who have very strong Palestinian ties even though Hezbollah is illegal in Palestine) responded by grabing two Israeli soliders. Israel responded by launching an invasion into southern Lebanon which is when Hezbollah responded by firing rockets at Isreal. The Israelis also attack the democratic, secular, "westernized" government which was not controlled by Hezbollah and was trying to control them. Israel also dropped cluster bombs and phosphorus bombs on civilian areas which according to the UN and the Geniva convention are considered chemical weapons. There is a differnce between a country defending itself and destorying another government which has just emerged from a very bloody civil war. Israel's attacks were not justified and were war crimes or crimes against humanity however you want to look at it. Never is it justified to wipe out an entire civilian population to take out a few people. This is called genocide, but it does fit with Israel's policy towards it Arab neighbors.

Yeah I agree with all of that totally...

Oh wait I'm totally uninformed, never mind, I'm just a dumb American :) I saw the pictures. I saw that P. bombs can do.

I don't like Israel, they have an "us" against "them approach and for some reason the President want to make them a little US and baby them and not call them out. I guess it's so Jesus can be happy :(

What they do to the Palestinians is really, REALLY sad.

I did not mean to imply anyone was a dumb american, its just I have a bit differnt perspective than most as I was close enough to see flashes in the desert night from the fighting when I was in Syria. You get a differnt point of view when your outside the United States. Most of my information came from the BBC but also from arab new chanels. I will say this you have seen some pictures from the conflict, but not the worst. They would not show the pictures on American TV they showed on Arab channels.

As for what our president is trying to achieve with Israel its the second coming of christ. Many christians support Israel solely because in the book of revelations I believe it talks of Israel coming back into power and this is supposed to signal the second coming.

As for Israel's treatment of Palestinians its worse than sad its down right criminal.

Lol, thanks a lot, Jesus.

JUST kidding all of you Christians who just got offended!

I'm well-traveled and I cross-reference my news sources and read about 3-4 newspapers a day for years as well as having read war history for over 20 years.
I AM NOT A DUMB AMERICAN.
You can support a bunch of criminals who specifically target civilians and then hide behind their own if you like but I came to my opinions on my own and I will stand by them.

i like how anything that sides with Israel is labled as a zionist

Quogue, I did not call anyone a dumb american, infact I specifically posted that I didnt believe anyone was a dumb american. However to deny that Israel had a part in starting the recent Israeli/Lebanonese conflict is to deny the facts. Although I dont agree with the actions taken by either side, I also consider Israel to be a state terrorist and criminal in with its ethnic cleansing of Palstinians from Palestine. I think both sides need to stop looking for peace at the end of a gun barrel and start dealing with each other as human beings.

As for your knowledge of the situtation I still stand by the fact that if your only reading American newspapers your not getting an good unbiased view of the situtation. If you know of an American newspaper that covers the Middle East well please let me know what one it is.

As for everything that sides with Israel being labled Zionists what esle would you call it? Remeber Israel is the home of the white European Jews and only the white European Jews.

Again I did not mean to offend anyone or imply that anyone was a dumb American, only that the sources for information on the subject are biased in America.

Israel really SLAUGHTERED Lebanon. The attacks weren't proportional at ALL. And then, IIRC, after a standstill had occurred, Israel bombed them anyway. Israel bombed HOUSES!
There is no such thing a "proportional retaliation" in war. The objective is to win the war.
An example would be;
You slap me...I slap you back.
You slug me...I slug you back.
You hit me with a baseball bat...I hit you with a baseball bat.
You slit my throat................ ??? :crap:

Does that mean it's ok to use horrible weapons that shouldn't be used at all according to the UN? Phosphorous is a chemical. Weaponize it and you get a chemical weapon. Does that mean it's ethical to bomb civilian houses even though the bad guys might be in there with them? No.

Back