What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BACPS Meeting Tomorrow at California Carnivores!

Date: SATURDAY, June 28th, 12PM (Noon) to 4PM
Location: California Carnivores2833 Old Gravenstein Highway South,Sebastopol, California 95472, (707) 824-0433
Program: Potluck lunch, Peter D'Amato speaking on "Variation in Sarracenia Hybrids", Tom Kahl speaking on "Nepenthes of Thailand", show and tell, raffle, and auction. Please refer to newsletter for details.

Come one, come all! I will be bringing plants and my checkbook!

Capslock

I'm heading up from LA. See you there!

-Warren

Don't it just figure. All of my friends who would be adventurous enough to come are out of town or have work. :p

Quick folks, help me find a way to help justify the gas! Though the fact that Warren is coming all the way up from LA makes me feel like I should shrug off the drive like it's nothin'. lol

Ooh, good meeting today at California Carnivores! Fernando Rivialda, Barry Rice, Judith Finn, and Peter D'Amato among others all in the house! Not to mention many forumers including FlyTrapLady, Not a Number, Emesis, and more! I went home with lots of plants from the raffle and auction. Plus an item or two from Peter's place! It was good CP fun all around!

Capslock

Yeah, I just got back about an hour ago.

Man was that fun. I got to meet Peter D'Amato, Barry Rice, Capslock, BigBella, FlyTrapLady5, Ron West (Seattle area CP nursery owner), David Conner and a bunch of others in person. Too much food (potluck lunch)!

I won a plant in the raffle and picked up a couple from Peter. I may have won more but wasn't present for the full drawing as I got sidetracked in the parking lot talking with others about Ron's SmartCar.

After the meeting Lois (Flytraplady5) invited me on a personal tour of her Racoon Ridge Nursery. Very impressive. I envy all of you who won her items in the auction. Too bad I filled up the memory card on the borrowed camera before I left meeting.

All in all not a bad day - worth the 12 or so hours driving.

Do you guys have any pics you can post? I've always wondered what these organized meetings look like, and I'd also like to see Peter's place.
Thanks

DARNIT! SHOOOOOT - I missed this one -- I'm stuck at home sick with the flu... UGH.... Missed all you guys, anyway -- off to bed, again. Im not feelin' very well.... ugghhh....

I just uploaded the pictures I took (unedited for now):

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/...all&special_track=album_paginate_top_view_all

A few shots:

Peter D'Amato
P6280143.jpg

Barry Rice
P6280145.jpg

Geoff Wong (the fellow in the foreground with back to camera is Ron West):
P6280141.jpg

Sorry, that's all the shots I have. I didn't want to delete my sister's stuff of the card and I didn't have time to back her stuff up.

You can see shots of other BACPS meetings on their website:
http://www.bacps.org/gallery.html

Larry has photos of past LACPS meetings on his website:
http://www.insectivorous.com/lacps_pics.htm

Cool, thanks a lot.
Hopefully someday I can make it there.

That's awesome! Btw, in the first pic in the link, in the background, isn't that mini-bog of forked sundews used in the Savage Garden?

Dang! Good eye! I just looked it up, it's on page 140.
Unless it's just the same pot?

Just about everything in his book can be found in the collection (not for sale) area. Same pot, most likely the same plants.

For instance the abalone shell with a Pinguicula was there (sorry no picture) but someone had unseated the plant from the pocket it should be in. For those who are curious it looked like there was a wad of sphagnum and or peat/perlite, no drainage holes.

Back