What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aussie pics

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date

my buddy Troy playing with the local wildlife

local wildlife playing with Troy

the critter Troy fears most

me hanging with the locals

Alright man! Awesome, I've always wanted to visit Australia, or hell, live there!

i have zero interest in living there but have alot more exploring i want to do....had to cut my trip short and was only there for 3 weeks instead of the planned 2 months

Awesome shots ! I'd love to see Oedura, Nephrurus (Underwoodasaurus) and T.rugosa in the wild ! It would even be cool see the Myrmecia ! Looks like a great trip !

i showed up on Troy's doorstep with little warning and he had just changed jobs so we didnt get to do alot though i was there for 3 weeks.....was going to be hunting outside of Melborne and Brisbane but had to cut those due to a new niece being born and having health issues...next trip to Troy's he is planning on taking atleast a week off, we will throw camping gear in his truck and just head north exploring

found loads of these....believe there were two different species

was facinated by these guys

Gotta be an incredible experience exploring chunks of Oz - what section were you in?

Nice Drosera ! D.whittakeri and D.planchonii ? Must've been great seeing those in the wild !

What would you hunt there, pigs and cats?

Melbourne was supposed to be mainly sambar deer though sika and fallow would be around too. out of Brisbane pigs, scrub bulls, feral horse, water buffalo, feral goats, fox, camel....prolly others i forget were all a possibility......did spend a night spotlighting rabbits and feral cats outside of Adelaide, saw some nice fallow deer but they were in a no shooting area.

Feral pests are a real issue there. I'd like to see more "safaris" promoting foreigners to go there to reduce the numbers a bit. I forgot water buffalo were a problem in the north.

actually other than feral animals not much you can shoot, few ducks if you take an intensive ID course cause they have a couple endangered species.....Troy was telling me it was near impossible for him to be able to shoot a 'roo though like our whitetail now there are more of some species than before Europeans landed due to irrigation and other ag practices.....gov't shooters are the only ones allowed atleast in South Australia.

these are zoo pics. went to two different and dont rememberwhich are from which.

love this pic, cant hardly get close to the pelicans that are here in MT, they are always out in the middle of the river, was interesting to see how colorful they can be

favorite Aussie critter

had a warning on the fence about Lassavirus from these guys....dont read “Spillover” by David Quammen before traveling through Asia and Australia, i did 2 weeks before i left, wasnt comforting

a friend of mine is a waterfowl fanatic so took pics of every different duck i came across

Back