What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you growing Nepenthes ‘Plumpkin’ ?

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
Just discovered this . . . and since it's October I thought I'd ask . . .

Is anyone growing Nepenthes ‘Plumpkin’ ? When I have the space, I'd love one of these!

Last edited:
I still want to know if anyone is growing this. I love the color, shape and size! Is there anything currently on the market like a 'plumpkin'?

Red leaf like just dropped some a couple of days ago :/

Last edited:
I would encourage a look at Ebay at the moment. A seller has posted I believe 6 hybrids with either sibuyanensis or merrilliana in the background, plus N. sibuyanensis x merrilliana, plus N. merriliana itself. All are BE plants. I just bought N. sibuyanensis x merriliana last week for $20, 6 inch leaf span, and am awaiting it (and need to create space...). I believe that price is 1/25th what 'Plumpkin' has sold for. It potentially gets bigger pitchers, it's said perhaps the biggest of any Nepenthes. The seller is someone I traded with 30 years ago, before he set up his carnivorous plant business. He's a good guy and someone I would trust.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'd be good with a N. sibuyanensis x merrilliana, love that orange/red color! And wow, the price is much better!

I received my N. sibuyanensis x merrilliana. I'll get a better look after I pot it up later today. So far it looks fine. I've never been too happy with the practice in the CP community of unpotting plants. So far I haven't had any problems, though. It was made clear in the description it would be sent unpotted.

N. sibuyanensis x merrilliana, received 4:13.jpg

I'm much more pleased with the plant out of its packing material, and potted up.

I had to go to Home Depot to get a new pot. I wanted a smaller one, which they didn't have. Perhaps this makes sense anyway.

The plant in a 6 inch pot, from 2 slightly different views. Again, this was a $20 plant. Its has lots of leaves.

Nepenthes sibuyanensis x merrilliana, view 1, potted.jpg

Nepenthes sibuyanensis x merrilliana, view 2, potted.jpg

Yeah, that plant looks waaaay better after repotting. Thanks for posting those photos! You've got to post some once you get giant pitchers . . . but we may have to wait a while for that . . .

Yeah, that plant looks waaaay better after repotting. Thanks for posting those photos! You've got to post some once you get giant pitchers . . . but we may have to wait a while for that . . .
It still looks happy. Here's a 1 week photo, taken through the plastic of a humidity dome. Any spots are just pieces of sphagnum.

N. sibuyanensis x merrilliana, 1 week.jpg

Back