What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aphids?

I've got what looks like aphid damage but I see no aphids. I battled with aphids two years ago and they were rather large and could not be missed. What I am seeing is small white specks, almost dustlike, over most of the damaged leaves. I can't tell whether this "dust" is moving or I'm staring at it for such a long period of time that I think it's moving.
I know there are like 250 varieties of aphids but are they this microscopic?

mealybugs maybe? use a systemic insecticide
Alex

White specks are usually the cast off skins of aphids. You have aphid style damage, so you need to get out the insecticide.

If you have one, small plant, you may want to consider the water drwoning approach first, before applying a systemic pesticide. I've had 100% success with D. adelae, capensis, and spatulata - both with killing the aphids and plant recovery.

I've alreay hit it with an insecticide but I was just curious because with aphid damage I usually see the aphids... but I see nothing.

Back