What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aphids in pitchers

Hello
smile.gif
, so I have some sarrs growing outside and I've been constantly picking off flying aphids from the tips of new pitchers aphids and spraying with orthene now and then.

My question is what to do about the aphids inside the pitchers, so far I haven't seen any negative effects but I'm sure they're sucking on my sarrs
mad.gif
. Does it harm a pitcher to spray a bit of orthene inside the pitchers? Or should I just keep spraying the outside and not bother concerning myself about the inside of the pitchers?

I haven't witness this phenomenon myself, but if they are inside the pitchers, I'd say that they are "dead meat".

I wouldn't worry about any insect pests if you have been using Orthene (aka acephate) as it's a systemic insecticide.

Edit: Don't spray inside the pitchers. It'll dilute the digestive fluids in the pitcher. Unless you have something like S. purpurea, in whitch case it probably won't matter, but I wouldn't spray it in them either.

Back