What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anything new round here?

Hi colin. Thanks for the heads up on the Nep. truncata. My TC plantlet still does not have roots, so it will be staying in its tube for sometime.

My tc n.truncata from Malesiana has been growing in water in its plastic container. I've hardened it and removed the agar, but the past 3 months it's growing in water because I was too busy to transplant it!  
smile_n_32.gif
It's doing fine, though.
smile.gif

Are there roots with your plants?

There are. And the water it grows in tends to turn red after a few days...and I don't think it's leftover agar.
smile_l_32.gif

Hi S'poreans Cpers,
Just in case you may run out of CP potting media, IKEA has just stocked up their Schultz Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss.(it has been out of sotck for a few months) They are going for $8.20 a packet. I've been using them with great success for my VFT and Neps. (better quality than Horti)
smile.gif

Hey Jason, sure, I'd be glad to give it a try. Just let me know where I can find the picture.

In other news, I'm thinking of changing my nep setup. Currently I've got them in hanging pots hanging on one of the trees of my garden, which leaves them very prone to slipping off and falling as well as competing for space on said tree. No real ideas of what to do at the moment, but will try some experiments.

Back