What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone have extra

schloaty

Staff member
Saw these guys at the NECPS show, and I was rather impressed. Wondering if anyone has seeds.

I have S. 'Doodle Bug' x ?? seeds I could send in trade.

(?? could be self, minor, leucophylla or possible alata)

I wish! First time I tried growing these, they didn't get very big before they died. The next few times, they wouldn't sprout. Now I can't get ahold of any seed.
smile_h_32.gif

I've tried twice with seed and failed both times, no germination.
I know that they like it hot. I do have a few seeds left I'm going to try again next year but keep a cover over the pot to keep it hot while germinating and see if that helps.

I got mine from the ICPS, they on the donor only list.

I was able to sprout the D. hartewwhatever seeds and even sent some in a trade. Mine died the others live on. I guess that I didn't keep them warm enough.
Lois

Yikes. This one sounds hard!

That's ok - I guess I'll put the germination pot on top of one of my lights. That'll keep it warm allright!

Sprouted mine in some RO water in the windowsill next to my computer, then transplanted them into a 3" pot when they got bigger. The seed was ~3 years old or I would have just stuck them in a pot of soil and called it good. Make sure the lights don't get them too warm.

Hi BCK,

Well, I was actually planning on putting them over the lights, not directly on them - should have been more specific.

Back