What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing N. x 'Medusa' ? (N.bellii x sibuyanensis)

I had a small collection of Nepenthes growing in a terrarium when I was in high school. My favorite was N. x 'Medusa', a cultivar of the a cross between N. sibuyanensis and N. bellii. My plant looked like a compact N. sibuyanensis and grew equally well in both highland and lowland conditions (the room I had my plants in fluctuated temp. seasonally).
When I left for college I had to get rid of my plants, and that was the last I saw of my, or any N. x 'Medusa' for that matter.

I remember that when I got my N. x 'Medusa' plant 6-7ish years ago, the cultivar seemed to be everywhere in the carnivorous plant nursery trade. No idea where the cross/cultivar originated. My plant threw out a ton of basals, so I doubt that difficulty propagating it accounts for it's scarcity. It seems strange that such a great cultivar just kind of fell off the face of the earth.

I'd like to hear if anyone is currently growing it. I would ask around in the trading section, but I am currently just re-starting to grow carnivorous plants and don't have anything to trade.

Back