What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any body grows CPs in Gel?

I bought plant decoration gel. It looks good and keeps water inside. Any body grows CPs in Gel? Any pros and cons? Thanks.

Cephalotus in gel:
cp-02.jpg

Nepenthes, Drosera, VFT and LFSM in gel:

cp-01.jpg

cp-03.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, no I've never tried it before, it will be interesting to see how yours do in it. Please keep il us updated with how the plants progress and how there doing in this media, you never know you might have just discovered the peat free way for the future. Good to see someone that's not scared to think outside the box and risk some plants to the gods of science.
Regards

Mark

Last edited:
That looks so cool! I would be interested to see how the plants do! May be a prettier way to grow plants in the future! Keep us updated!!

It's label: "absorbent polymer that absorbs, stores and release water. They can be used for growing plants or as decorative accents....". Hope we can grow CPs indoor with it. Will keep updating. Cheers! :banana2:

Well hopefully it doesn't have anything harmful to the plants in it but since im not familiar with the stuff i don't kno. But i like it makes me want to squish them in my hands lol

The only problem that I had with them was that they soon were totally green with algae. Also, light can inhibit root growth in some species of plants, so who knows how you plants will fare. I wouldn't experiment with it using anything you are not ready to lose, but make sure to let us know how it turns out for you. Good luck!

Back