What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anoxos

Hello all, a bit about myself... Hmm, where to start. I came to the forums May 2005, after getting a VFT, D. adelae, and a Darlingtonia, at the local Lowes. Since then my CP stuff has grown quite a bit! Always learning, and just enjoying the growing as it goes (I have thusfar managed not to kill those first three, though I have killed a few others!).

Other than CPs... I'm happily married to a great fellow, and have a little apartment in Indiana with him and our three cats.

I have a degree in Classical Archaeology, with minor in cultural anthropology. Studied linguistics as well. I work as a professional freelancer; I write, and manage several websites. I also apprentice under a historic jeweler/metalsmith, and travel with him in summer to sell his wares at renaissance faires and historical reinactment events. I am a member of the SCA, in Shire Riviere Constelle.

I am also a member of the RPGA (Role-Playing Game Association) and write and game-master (referee) role-playing events. I am an officer at my local gaming club, the Evansville Gaming Guild. I regularly attend some of the large gaming conventions in the midwest (Origins and GenCon Indy).

In my spare time (yeah right) I enjoy needlearts. I practice embroidery of various types, as well as do a bit of costuming, both fantasy and historic in style. I am also constantly working on building my files for my family genealogy; I maintain files for both my and my husband's lines.

Once my personal website is up (temp. down for rebuild until January) you can visit it here. I hope to get photos of some of my costuming work up there soon.

My life looks pathetic compared to that. I'm such a loser.
smile_h_32.gif

-Rail

Hey now, that surely is NOT true. I tend to look at my life as the "Jack of all Trades and Master of None". I am spread wide, but shallowly. I just go where the wind blows, with whatever interests me.

For the wake-up call following that resume, I net less than $10K per year. Usually a LOT less. My husband's steady, boring job is what pays the bills. We aren't rich, and if we travel at all, it is almost always related to my work, or the occassional family reunion/holiday.

Welcome to TF! Keep bringing us the scientifically oriented articles!

Back