What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Oregonian

Hey all, been lurking for a bit and it looks like I am in good company here in the PNW. After two successful winters with a small group of Sarracenia the addiction has kicked into high gear and my collection is growing quickly. :beer:

:wave: Welcome to TF. No turning back once the addiction sets in...you are one of us now :lol:

Thanks! I know all about addiction, I also grow orchids, keep dart frogs, tree frogs, and a few other herps, and shoot/reload. What's one more expensive hobby right? :-))

Welcome to TF!

Welcome, Tony! Have you met the Sarracenia NW boys yet? You must attend their open house next summer!

Paul in Corvallis

I haven't, but I've seen some of their plants in a friend's collection. I may go up to the Portland home and garden show this weekend to check out their booth.

I was at the H&G show yesterday and they had some pretty nice plants. Definitely more of an orchid/tree show though.

Anyway, welcome to TF!

welcome from down south(Eugene)
whats it to keep tree frogs around here there every where they wake me up at night found one living in my hot tub
im just starting with sarrs but have lots of other cps ,there are a few other people in your area , need to have a mid valley gettogether

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome. I too lurked for a while.

I was at the H&G show yesterday and they had some pretty nice plants. Definitely more of an orchid/tree show though.

Anyway, welcome to TF!

trees, you say?
i just saw a tree yesterday that was most beautiful. it was a standard small tree, 12' at most, missing all its leaves but with giant 4" upright flowers that looked like slender elaborant pink teacups in a sheath.
the kind of flowers you typically see no more than a foot off the ground..

woul'dnt have guessed the home and garden show would have been exhibiting trees so much as local shrubbery and exotic flare, etc.

btw, to the stread starter, welcome to terraforums and i also much encourage you to visit the local cp nursery. i attended three open houses myself this past year.

Back