What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And then the heavens opened...

bpullin

I drink to make others more interesting.
and the storm said "Hey look! Blaine has his pitcher plants out in the open." And the mighty storm dropped over 2 inches of rain, which was good. But they were huge drops with alot of hail and wind. And the plants said "Ouch!"

Here are some pics of the results. Almost all of my sarrs took a pretty good hit. First the drought, then the bugs, now the "isolated t-storms". Sigh.

S Catesbei took the worst hit...
40600021.jpg

Judit Hindle came out okay. The Leucos got hit. Flytraps look like nothin' happened.
40600020.jpg

Flavas got nailed.
40600019.jpg

The Purp and rubras came out okay.
40600022.jpg

Ah, crap.

Nature took it's toll, oh well, things happen. Still, if I may say, very nice collection you have there. :)

Thanks. I don't have anything fancy or unique like the big timers here, but it's a start.

Could be worse, though, they coulda been picked up by the water and carried off, never to be seen again! *whistles innocently*

Oooooooooh! Who lives in a flava under the sea?

we had a hail storm a few weeks ago. a peiece of hail came in diagonally and went through one side of S. catesbei to the other. neat looking...but that pitcher cant catch anymore bugs.
Alex

we had a hail storm a few weeks ago. a peiece of hail came in diagonally and went through one side of S. catesbei to the other. neat looking...but that pitcher cant catch anymore bugs.
Alex

:pics:

It has been thunderstorming here, too, my plants are inside!

(I moved them inside, they don't grow inside)

Back