What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ALL users can now upload photos

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone! With photobucket taking away the ability to link photos, I've decided to open up photo uploading directly to the forum for everyone! Now, you do get less space, and your photos will be a bit smaller than Thank You members, but I think it will be good. Lets try it out and see!!

Thank You members 600x600 photo total size 175mb
Registered users 400*400 photos total size 100mb

Let me know if you have any problems or questions...
Please don't upload photos here and post them other places, I have a limited amount of data and if it gets too close to that I will have to turn this off.
Instructions:

HOW TO POST PICTURES USING THIS UPLOAD SPACE:

1) Write your post (click "go advanced" if you're using the quick reply)
2) Scroll down PAST the submit button and you'll see "Manage attachments"
3) Click "Add Files"
4) Click "Select Files" and browse to the location on your computer where the file is and click on the file you want to upload (Hold CTRL to select more than one photo)
5) Click "open"
6) Click "upload Files"
7) Click "Insert Inline"
8) Click "Done"

You can click "Preview Post" to make sure you selected the right photos and such then "Submit Reply"

Great! I'm eager to try this out... Do you have to re-size your photos or are they automatically scaled down to 400x400?

-Charlie

Great! I'm eager to try this out... Do you have to re-size your photos or are they automatically scaled down to 400x400?

-Charlie

I just tried to upload a 1500 x 2000 photo.
I received an error message, "File upload failed."
I resized it and it uploaded successfully.
So I guess you have to resize them before you upload.

Good growing,
Mike
Small DSC07474.jpg

sethosxgypsicola.jpg

Edit: Mine resized fine, although it wasn't MASSIVE (was only 960*960) so there is probably a limit as to how huge it can be for the server to take on the job in order to save server resources.

Test: 102_0204[1].jpg

Can ya see me now?

Last edited:
Did this change somehow disable quick replies? That box isn't showing for me anymore.

Yes.

Both of my attempts to upload a photo produced a flipped image . . .

Were they photos taken by your phone? The forum may not use EXIF data to determine orientation... So that would have to be fixed on your computer before being uploaded to the forum. :-\

We'll just get our neck exercises in after a day of craning over our computers.
Thanks Andy!

IMG_5424.jpg

Were they photos taken by your phone? The forum may not use EXIF data to determine orientation... So that would have to be fixed on your computer before being uploaded to the forum. :-\

By an iPad. Do they use that same phone format?

Yes they do. I've not managed to find a hack for the forum to fix this yet, but there are many posts about it. Solution seems to be that users must fix it before uploading and I find threads about this for all types of software, not just Vbulletin which this forum uses.

Back