What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Here are a few shots of my Nep collection before winter rolls in and messes everything up.

These plants have all been grown out on my patio in full sun till about noon and then bright shade the rest of the day. Humidity tends to be fairly low in the daytime (20-40% in summer) but climbs into the upper 70% range at night. Temps are generally mid to upper 80s daytime and 50s and 60s at night.

Winters are chilly here and in the past my Neps have not been particularly happy about it. I expect to lose all the existing pitchers and probably will not see much in the way of growth at all for a few months.

Anyway..  here are the pics...  hope you enjoy.
Steve

First up, Nepenthes alata "Bochiana Mimic". This is the plant as it was when I got it back in July.
alata1.sized.jpg

And here it is today..  The pitcher just popped open on this one today. Its at least double the size of the last one. Hopefully I will get a chance to take pics when it is fully developed. Look at that monster pitcher!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

alata1.JPG

alata2.JPG

Next is a cool little N. ventricosa x aristolochoides
aristo1.JPG

I still am not 100% positive on the ID for this one. It has been said that this is probably N. x miranda
mir1.JPG

mirpitcher1.JPG

mirpitcher2.JPG

This next one I bought at the same time as the one above. I assumed at the time that the plants were identical but this one has a different shape to the peristome and the pitchers are smaller and face away from the sun. Any ideas?

Edit:  I also just noticed that the pitcher is speckled on the inside as well as out. The other plant does not have that at all. This is definately a different plant than the one above...  I'm still open to ideas on what this guy really is.
ukpitcher1.JPG

ok on your first unknown ID nep look on the tag. what company does it list? i have gotten a Nep and Sarracenia from the same place!
Alex

The N. x "Miranda" is not Miranda...im guessing it has some x rokko in it.

Alex, they came from Nurserymens Exchange.

Dustin, that pitcher is a little premature yet. Here is a mature pitcher from the same plant.
mirandapit.JPG

mirandapit2.JPG

And the entire plant...
mirandaplant.JPG

While I am here I might as well add a few others...

N. ventrata
ventrata.JPG

ventratapit.JPG

This plant I believe is N. ventricosa.
vent1.JPG

vent2.JPG

I believe this one is also ventricosa.
vent3.JPG

vent4.JPG

yup first one is Ventrata and second is ventricosa. i also have a Ventricosa from them.
Alex

Wow, nice plants Steve!! Urgh, you're right about the winter though, its frosty over here
smile_h_32.gif

I've gotten numerous plants from Nurserymen's Exchange from retail giants like HD, they all came with the wrong care instructions however.....(ie a Sarr came with Nep Care tag)

That is certainly not a Miranda. Very nice plant, though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've gotten numerous plants from Nurserymen's Exchange from retail giants like HD, they all came with the wrong care instructions however.....(ie a Sarr came with Nep Care tag)
and they call sarrs stinkin cobra lilys!
Alex

I hate to say but I think the last three are all N. "Ventrata"

-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah is right , ventricosa has a constircted middle.

They look fatter than the average ventrata, aswell. It's almost like a hybrid between the two.

so its probably a cross back... Ventrata x ventricosa?
Alex

Back