What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50gpd Watts Premier RO membrane for trade or free

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello all! This is a great opportunity to upgrade that 5 or even 25gpd system you may own. Or maybe yours isn't operating well anymore. I have upgraded one of my RO systems and so I have this membrane to get rid of rather than sit around and go bad. The membrane is in great working order (my tap water is about 180ppm and the out water is 2-5ppm) and comes with the flow restrictor (cleanable) and a flush valve plumbed in. I don't have any special requests so please offer up whatever you would like.

If I can't find a trade that is offering anything that I'd like I will be willing to give this away for free (you pay shipping).... So feel free to post if you would like to have it, even if you don't have anything to offer for trade. Those who offer something to trade, will be considered automatically for it for free.
Thanks!
Andrew

Last edited:
Awesome giveaway/trade Andrew!

great opportunity for trade/postage for someone, my city water is 40-52 ppm here:banana2:

I'm interested but VARY new to RO systems. Is this the filter insert?

Last edited:
When you say filter I think the filters you change a couple times a year.... Sediment filter and carbon filters usually. The RO membrane is the part that actually separates some clean water from the tap water (after the sediment filter removes some of the larger stuff, and the carbon filter removes chlorines and things like that). It is the part that determines the gallons per day (gpd) of your system. Generally you will have 3 screw on canisters for the replaceable filters that screw upward onto the unit, and the membrane is the one that lays sideways across the top. Yes I am only offering the membrane, flow restrictor, and flush kit- not the canister it goes in.
Does that help?
Andrew

Edit: This model replaces the one I am offering,which is model #110019 http://www.premierh2o.com/watts-premier-560018-50-gpd-reverse-osmosis-membrane-filter/

Last edited:
Yeah that makes sense. . One of these days I will pick up The whole system. . Good give away to whoever needs it..

Yes Andrew, I could use a functional membrane. The one I'm using now is nearly 12 years old, and it doesn't do much to reduce my TDS. My plants are suffering because of it.

The membrane in the system I'm using now, I've been using for far too long, it should have been replaced at least eight years ago, maybe even sooner than that. This system has sediment and activated carbon prefilters, and the booster pump has just burned out. The membrane is the part of the system that is most critical, and I'm afraid it is no longer functional. I do have replacement sediment and activated carbon filter elements, and the booster pump just increases the input pressure, and is not an essential part of the system.

Anyway, I could sure use an operational R.O. membrane. I offer a blooming Pinguicula reticulata, and a couple others that are almost blooming size.

At a church sale yesterday I saw a presumeably older Coleman RO unit new in the box. The box showed some age/wear, but the contents were wrapped up and unopened. The asking price was $35. I save rainwater and have no need or desire to hook up and maintain such a system. But I could see that in the event of hooking it up for house water, icemaker, etc, and plants. If this was a decent unit I assume the price to have been
a no brainer.

Sorry I can't tell if pearldiver is asking to be included in this or not, it seems not so I'll close it with the only person requesting it as the "winner". Feel free to get with me to get it Joseph.
Thanks!

Just a comment on something I saw. Not wanting in on this one, thanks.

Back