What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Cephalotus Flower watch

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
I was hoping to see photos of other peoples cephalotus flowering this year. Please share your plants and updates throughout this season! Always exciting to see what others are doing.

I took a sick day today and was able to mosey out to the greenhouse to snap a few photos of some flower stalks. Looking forward to what I can produce this year.

While packing up a NASC auction today I noticed my first ever Ceph stalk! Now what triggered it?

Guess which plant has the stalk! They are in the same watering tray, in the same windowsill, on the same row, and the same clone. It is really true that size doesn't matter!
DSC_0228 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Hi from Brooklyn!

Here are a couple of pics of my flowering cephs. The mother plant started out as a Hummer's crown division I bought from an Alaskan grower maybe 5-6 yrs ago. It flowered last year ('14). This past Fall, took three small root divisions when I re-potted. It looks like the mother plant will have two flower stalks this year, and one of the divisions is sending one up as well! And oh yeah.. anyone know if that's a hybrid non-carnivorous/pitcher leaf growing out of one of the stalks?
17180215008_285ded0c8f_m.jpg
17180459370_74347a7988_m.jpg
17368032435_9a512a3e9f_m.jpg
17180223948_707b6cfa3c_m.jpg

17160554087_d3317699e1_m.jpg

Thanks! Tony

Last edited:
First stalk finally opened flowers

I was making life harder than it needed to be. Every morning and afternoon I tease each flower with my paintbrush. Looks like it may be a time wasted. Nature has its own way of taking care of itself...

Last edited:
Finally getting some flowers to open up, going to let nature take its coarse and see if I get seeds or not.
DSC_0376 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Back