What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NASC teasers

For the first time evar

Heli seeds!!!!!
and not just one or two ;-)

And ummm maybe, no promises but possibly...
a small division from H. parva
parva.jpg

or maybe.... another first timer
H. ceracea
IMG_2240_hf.jpg

but no promises, so stay tuned and save some funding....

:-D

It is usually this time of the year that I wish I lived in the USA. :cry:

nice. i will be out of country the entire duration of the nasc auction..... T.T
not like i can spend money like i did before anyways. :p

Giddyup...tis my favorite time of the year.

The NASC newsletter just announced the auction dates as April 21 thru May 5 2012. The beneficiary will again be Boiling Springs.

A formal announcement by NASC and Terraforums should be imminent .

Not even two weeks until it starts! Woooooot!

Last edited:
YESSSS!

Allowance comes in May, which means I won't be broke!

Here's one of the plants will find its way into the auction:
CephHGnasc040912.jpg

It's a Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant'. Last year, I repotted two of my plants that summer outside & flower for me. This guy was a 'volunteer' division from that activity. A few details:
- most of the leaves that are evident in the pic are old - there are two new growth points sprouting new pristine leaves on both sides of the pot.
- unlike many HG Cephs, this plant has direct traceability back to John Hummer from a purchase at the ICPS conference held in Atlanta. As expected, most pitchers feature the characteristic wide midrib associated with the cultivar.
- remnant flower stalk from last summer still visible.
- this plant is still maintaining one of the more unusual leaf/pitcher deformations from last year:
CephHGdeformedpitcher123011RS.jpg

Last edited:
D. paradoxa D. falconeri
DSC_00030002_4.jpg

Slew of D. venusta seedlings?
DSC_00010001_39-1.jpg

assorted Pinguicula, Utricularia, and others..

WOOOT CANADA!

Too bad there are only a few canadian bidders. Hopefully we can recruit more this year.

I wish i had more than just 'dews too.

d sp. south africa----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------cape alba x aliciae
6916225994_df69b5e540.jpg
6916228142_2b437f9e5d.jpg

intermedia Roraima, Brazil----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------spatulata gold coast, QL
6916230134_f546f8c775.jpg
7062313215_73e13ea255.jpg

spatulata bakoensis---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------rotundifolia seedlings
7062315339_6e09704341.jpg
7062317451_1ec8d93178.jpg

anglica "Ca x Hi" (looks crappy, but that's because it's flowering) ------------------------D. aliciae "Silvermine NR, Western Cape, RSA" (sorry about black middle)
7062319551_1b8b916cbf.jpg
6916240688_d8dea449e8.jpg

d. sp. lanau island----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------uknown from keehn's carnivores. looks related to sp lantau island
6916242636_19ca2422f3.jpg
6916244586_bdf2fa36bd.jpg

I'll be auctioning them in bundles.

Wow everything looks amazing we should have no problem raising funds. For boiling springs. Wish I had something to donate to the auction this year but I think instead of cps ill be tossin out charitable donations.

Wow, it looks like there are going to be some great plants this year. I will see if I have any spare plants I can donate.

Thanks for getting the teaser thread started! Yep, the auction will be Saturday, April 21 to Saturday May 5. We'll get the subforum up shortly with the rules and guidelines so everyone can refresh their memories.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting excited :-O

Ryan Kitko
Vice President, NASC

I need to get an updated pic (this is from Feb), this pot of Ceph seedlings (planted fall of 2011) will find it's way to the auction. While I can no longer accurately count, there are at least 30 babies in there - growing like weeds...
CephHGseedlings022512RS.jpg

Gimminy! So many awesome contributions! :hail:

Here's a sampling from my NASC planning list. While I can't completely commit on all - I do plan to sprinkle these in throughout auction:

- U. geminiloba
- U. nelumbifolia
- U. humbo
- U. asplundii
- U. 'Jitka'
- U. quelchii
- U. nephrophylla
- U. warburgii
- U. sandersonii
- U. livida
- H. collina (maybe)
- H. huberi
- H. uncinata
- H. pulchella - several locations
- H. heterodoxa gran sabana
- H. nutans, Wei Tepui
- U. warburgii & sandersonii & livida combo
- D. schizandra
- D. prolifera
- D. adelae
- D. regia
- D. x hybrida
- D. meristocaulis (maybe)
- S. 'Brunswick Beauty' - one of the darkest purps out there...
... plus Cephs previously mentioned :-O

Here's a sampling from my NASC planning list. While I can't completely commit on all - I do plan to sprinkle these in throughout auction:

- U. geminiloba
- U. nelumbifolia
- U. humbo
- U. asplundii
- U. 'Jitka'
- U. quelchii
- U. nephrophylla
- U. warburgii
- U. sandersonii
- U. livida
- H. collina (maybe)
- H. huberi
- H. uncinata
- H. pulchella - several locations
- H. heterodoxa gran sabana
- H. nutans, Wei Tepui
- U. warburgii & sandersonii & livida combo
- D. schizandra
- D. prolifera
- D. adelae
- D. regia
- D. x hybrida
- D. meristocaulis (maybe)
- S. 'Brunswick Beauty' - one of the darkest purps out there...
... plus Cephs previously mentioned :-O

Now if I could just win the lottery before the auctions end so I could have a chance to win some of these. Hmm...:hail:

Gaah! so many nice plants and so little money!

*peat wonders how long it would take to immigrate to the states*

Back