What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeikos battery grip for Canon EOS?

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
There are several mfg's of these but the Zeikos seems to stand apart from the crowd in quality and ergonomics. These actually seem rated higher in customer satisfaction then the Original Canon grip at 1/3rd the price...

It would seem nice to have 2x the battery capacity, vertical firing controls and ability to use AA batteries if I needed too.

Anybody have one?
Likes/dislikes?

http://zeikos.com/copy/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=240&osCsid=3a6405add138fd817e46e01d0350f55e

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=zeikos+xsi+grip&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7043627474761892401&sa=X&ei=DdWxTuqIB6WDsgKs_IzXAQ&ved=0CDwQ8wIwAQ#

TIA,
Av

I have one for my T1i, but its Canon, not Zeikos.... I plain cannot use the camera without the battery grip on it.. Camera is just so small.. And having the extra control buttons on it makes using the camera while shooting in vertical orientation ALOT easier and more comfortable.

Very cool.... it sure seemed like a no-brainer :)

To be honest, I'd already ordered it... was just hoping for that warm and fuzzy feeling of confirmation

:)

Yeah, and not to mention with 2 battieries, you charge them ALOT less frequently.. I think I do so maybe once a month? But also depends on what lens your using... If I'm out using the AF telephoto all day, takes alot of juice to use that thing and will usually get the batteries down to halfway by the end of the day.

Let us know how the Zeikos brand is. That is a pretty good price and I've been thinking of getting a battery grip for my 50D.

Will do.... should be here next week.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Well it arrived today.... sort of

You are now connected to Syed Ali Abbas from Amazon.com.

Me: Item recieved not what ordered

Hi Syed

Syed Ali Abbas :Hello, my name is Syed. I'll be happy to help you.

Me: Ordered battery grip for canon xsi, received battery grip for Nikon D60

box clearly marked Nikon

box did have a small adhesive sticker that said canon, but the box, instructions and unit are clearly Nikon

Syed Ali Abbas :I am so sorry that you have a problem in your order.

I am sending you a Return Mailing Label.

Me: Can the correct one be sent to me along with a return mailing label?

Syed Ali Abbas :You need to return an item and when we receive an item we will issue a full refund to you.

Me: ok

Syed Ali Abbas :I suggest you to make a new order for this with two day shipping.

Me: I will consider my options

please just send the return shipping label then

Afraid i will get another wrong unit if coming from same vendor

Syed Ali Abbas :No this time you will provide what exactly you want as i am making a notes for you.

Me: if they are willing to go ahead and send it with the return label, that is fine... but if i have to tie up extra funding till the process is completed Ill just go a different route, I appreciate your help Syed, but i dont want to tie up that much money in this

Syed Ali Abbas :No you will not charge any extra money that's why Amazon Sent RMA.

Me: but i dont get refund till amazon receives this unit, and i have to tie up more funding reordering a replacement until i get refund and the additional delivery time. Not trying to be difficult but that is unacceptable.

I will return this unit and buy from a local source.

if they can send replacement that is fine, but not if it requires me to pay for it up front

Syed Ali Abbas :No James it is free of cost and you will provided a refund immediately when we receive a package.

It will take hardly 1 to 2 days.

Me:so you are having the vendor ship a replacment?

Syed Ali Abbas :Yes you will provided a link in the mail you need to fill it and deliver it free of cost.

Me: I'm a little confused, so you are telling me I dont have to invest any more money even short term?

ordering the replacement will not require use of my money?

if that is the case why would i get a refund?

Syed Ali Abbas :You need to make a print out of that RMA and fix it on the package.

And return it on Amazon.

Once we receive a package we will give oyu a full refund.

*you

Me: I understand, then i have to reorder the item and wait for delivery.

Syed Ali Abbas :You can order it and we will offer you a free 1 day shipping.

Me: and if i choose to do this, how do i get the free one day shipping?

Syed Ali Abbas :You need to make an order i will give you a free shipping.

Now you ca make an order.

*can

Me: how will the webpage know about this offer?

Syed Ali Abbas :I am here you need to place an order right now i m waiting.

Me: ok

i am on the shipping options page, what do you want me do here?

Syed Ali Abbas :You need to select two day shipping.

Me: it is getting ready to charge my account for 10.98 in shipping

Syed Ali Abbas :You can make a 1 day shipping i will remove the charge.

You will get free 1 day shipping.

Me: so select one day shipping?

Syed Ali Abbas :Yes you can select 1 day.

Me: order made

Syed Ali Abbas :provide me an order number.

Me: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

Syed Ali Abbas :Allow me a moment.

Alright you will get a refund within 24 hrs and your item is in shipping process.

Is this fine to you.

Me: Thank you for your help Syed, yes it is acceptable and I appreciate your patience and effort

Syed Ali Abbas :You're welcome.

Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me: have a good day sir, that is all

Syed Ali Abbas :Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

Syed Ali Abbas from Amazon.com has left the conversation.

ugh.... LOL, oh well.... do-do happens sometimes

Lol. At least you're getting the correct one(hopefully) in a day or two.

yeah, FWIW.... it is very nice looking, just not the right one LOL

ahhhh stuff happens sometimes, not a biggie... especially since they offered the free next day air (17+ dollars worth of shipping)

Paul,

The grip arrived today as promised, and its perfect in everyway that I can tell. I will endeavor to take pics of it mounted tomorrow. I am very impressed, seems very well built... looks great, feels great and seems to function just as it should.

Excellent bang for the buck IMHO

Av

James?!?

Paul,

z3.jpg

z2.jpg

z1.jpg

Ergonomically and operationally it works very nice, the textured areas do have a softer, more rubber like feel then the camera's.
Definitely makes the camera easier to operate vertically and provides additional stability horizontally.
The part that slides up into the camera has a recessed storage area for the camera's battery door so it doesnt get lost.

Seems like a lot of bang for the buck IMHO

Av

Oooo, that does look pretty nice. I think I know what I'm getting for xmas!

Back