What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a cp'er when......

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Dec. 04 2004,9:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (NepenthesMaster @ Dec. 02 2004,1:17)]You know when your a CP'er when your midnight snack consists of Nepenthes and Sarracenia nectar.
biggrin.gif
?!?!

you know you're a cper when you look at something and spend 10 minutes thinking about what it could relate to cps.

you know when you're a cper when the first thought that comes into your head after looking at any object is related to cps (computer screen...hmmm)
Ummm....Nep necter!(I am a very experimental guy with tasteing cp nectar but haven`t tried pitcher fluid though....yet....wouldn`t be good for heartburn
smile_l_32.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Dec. 04 2004,9:54)]You know when you're a cper when you realise most of the people you're interacting with is crazier than you in more ways than one...
Or less crazy
smile_l_32.gif
smilie4.gif
smile_o_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hey Lauren -

Beta pellets are perfect for seedling neps! I found that sometimes fruitflies get stuck in and around the tops of the pitchers, but the Beta pellets drop right in!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Dec. 04 2004,10:39)]Or your fish get fed to your plants....
Don't try that I have very bad results with guppies and my N.bical.

You know your a CP'er when your single, but you cook for two anyway.

Hopefully this has not been done.

You know your a CPer when you wash the soil for your plants.

With distilled water? And with the plant in it so as not to shock it i hope. No soap either.

You know your a CP'er when you fake being sick just so you can watch your plants grow all day.

You know you`re a cper when "candy" is N.fusca nectar...:D

I use ventrata nectar.
smile_m_32.gif
 When there is enough, i use my ventricosa.

You know your a CP'er when you argue which type of Nepenthes nectar tastes the best.

N.bical is the best.

You know you are a cp'er when some guy on the forum, whom you never heard of, sends you a blind PM and says you live near him and invites you to his home to take a look at his cp bog.

That isn't a cute scenario - it is a true story.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Nov. 24 2004,4:27)]You know you're a cp'er when you've read all 5 pages of this, and realized almost all of these apply to you.
Make that 10

Man this topic is going way off limit!

Or in another Country, and he comes and picks you up, and you both have a great time!

Was the other country Canada? Where I went to school, Montreal was only 63 miles away. Still neat, though!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Or in another Country, and he comes and picks you up, and you both have a great time!

I did that but it was in Belguim.

I was recently in Swansea, South Wales. "Langy" from the CPUK forums lives there. He came & picked up my wife & I from our hotel. We got to see his AMAZING collection, chatted for a bit, and then he took us to our train! Cool huh? We gave him an honarary NECPS Membership certificate, and one of our new Keychains with our logo. Our NECPS T-Shirts weren't ready yet, we will mail Langy one when they are.

Sometime in January I'll post a link to a trip report with pictures.

You know you're a CPer when you check the ICPS Seedbank page daily for the possibility of any new Nep seeds.

You now your a cper when you check the ICPS daily for the possibility of new Nepenthes seed when your NOT! a member......

You know your a CPer when you stick all the leaves that the rain knocked off your pings back into the soil so you'll have more leaf cuttings. Like the previous 100 cuttings aren't enough??

You know you're a CP'er when you stay up until 1:00 in the moring to make sure your greenhouses are alright (on a stormy night, true story).
It was horrible, my small flowerhouse shifted about a foot to either side, and my poor little N. ampullaria was knocked to the ground.
smile_h_32.gif

Back