What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox vs. ps2

• Thread starter altrade212
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Xbox at all cuz all I play are RPGs and platformers and Action Adventure games. I might get an Xbox when it gets to like..100 dollars. Just to play Fable and Ninja Gaiden. And there are bound to be at least a few more RPGs coming out for it. Plus online play looks fun. I'd have to get Halo too...just because everyone loves it. Multiplayer is fun in any game in my opinion. anywhoo....Final Fantasy RULES ALL!!

Final Fantasy is like...16 games. Awesome ones of course. And the stories are the greatest part. But they still push the limits on graphics on the PS2 and PS1.

yeah.. the limits are very easy to reach.. apparently. Great cinematics though
smile_n_32.gif
(even though your not actually playing, and it might as well be a DVD movie between gameplay, no matter how good it gets PS2 will never have better graphical gameplay)

That's not true there's A LOT more gameplay than cinematics. And how would you know anyway. You don't play them :p. And you can't count the begginings of the game because it usually is a lot of cinematics and talking at the beggining. It teaches you everything and it opens up the story. Pretty much all RPGs are that way.

im talking about graphics, not lenght. of course theres more gameplay than cinematics (if i ever come across a game that has more cinematics than gameplay i'll burn it) im just saying the cinematics quality has nothing to do with the quality of the gameplay, since cinematics are pre-recorded, up to DVD quality. gameplay requires processing power, which the PS2 doesn't have. I played FFX a few times... it isn't anything too amazing if you ask me..

Cuz you only played it for 20 minutes X.X and in my opinions FFX is the worst out of all the Final Fantasies I've played which includes all but 1,2, and 11. And there is NOT more cinematics than gameplay in it. Anyway arguing is not allowed on here so I'm not posting on this thread anymore. It's better done over the phone. so don't hang up!

Amateur_Expert you are entitled to your opinion. It just so happens that it is not the same as the opinion of the majority of us on here. There's no use trying to cram it down our throats that the x box is better. The majority of us like the PS2 better, and we are not going to change our minds because of your opinion.

whos trying to change anyones opinion? like you, im stating mine.

Stating yours over and over again........it seems to me that you are trying to argue with everyone. Let it go man........ PS2 is just better
biggrin.gif

lol.. i can't stop laughing!! wow.. lol.. my stomach hurts. thanks for that i hadn't laughed this hard in a while....

Fortunately the majority is not always right.
smile.gif

I'm a big fan of the Xbox, too. Lots of racing games which is my favorite genre. Project Gotham Racer (1&2), Colin McRae Rally, RalliSport Challenge (1&2), TOCA, etc. Halo is one of my favorite games, too.

ok heres a question for the PS2 people...if xbox has been proven a better system, as far as hardware and what not, it DOES have better graphics and that is a FACT, the DVD player is better, that is also A faCT, AS FOR CINIMATICS...WHOCARES! i see it this way, why get all hyped up over cinimatics if the gameplay is way diffrent, choppy and blocky, the fact is, the only reason PS2 has more games is beacuse it came out rroughly 1 year and 6 monthes before xbox, that leaves ALOT of space for claiming games, another issue with people saying "PS2 has more games" is although PS2 has been out longer, the ONLY games xbox does not have that PS2 does..is the ones that are only for PS2, buttttt vise versa my friends, xbox has the same things, halo, fable, NFL Fever, and as for racing games we have project gothem, if you dont bealive that xbox has 90% of all PS2 games..go here

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/allgames.html?tag=gs_lnav_allgames

i bet you will find if not all then most of the games you have for ps2 there.. well thanks, and for those who HAVE a PS2 get an xbox in time for HALO 2..it whas the first lightning engine on a game, graphics so powerful a PS2 or Gamecube can actually go haywire (no joke) nov. 9, dont miss out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the same things, halo, fable, NFL Fever, and as for racing games we have project gothe

From what i hear from other local Xbox users thats the ONLY good games it has.

and i dont nearly as much as you claim that are on it

ok "FINCH" check this out, those arent the only good games it has, the people you know that have an xbox just dont know about the good games it has, and o yeah, your lying, beacuse i was not stating an opinion when i said xbox has 90% of PS2 games..its actually a fact, do some googling, hey man, i have a PS2 too, so i have views from both sides, YOU on the other hand my bird friend, only have one view, your being extremely hard headed, i have looked at hardware, graphics, design and all of that on both sides, and xbox is just a better system..maybe the games are a diffrent story maybe those 10% of more games matter..but as far as the system goes, xbox is better, its a proven fact birdman..i mean finch

and another thing, since u mention there are not NEARLYYYY as much finchy, tell me the ones that are super good that xbox does not have..that is not ONLY FOR PS2..if you can, i'll shutup..

angry-smiley-005.gif

Listen, buddy, i dont really care and dont have much of a interest in either system. I was just stating what i observed. I dont really want to get into a argument over game systems, over witch the question of wich is better is really more of a matter of opinion than fact. Infact, this was going to be my lastt post in this subject, but seeing how RUDE you are it seems to require my further response. Its a matter of opinion on witch is best. Get over it

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and i dont nearly as much as you claim that are on it

and this quote is mearly a sad examle of my typing skills. I dont even know what it says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back