What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

www.flytrapshop.com now open :)

I ordered one of each VFT and they look great. Somebody recently posted a photo of a pot of different VFT varieties growing together and I hope to duplicate the look.

Ok Andy, here's a smaller picture to fit your teeny-weeny resolution screen.

andyref.jpg

Better? :)

That looks better then any where else I bought a plant. I am hucked.

Okay I just odered a nep. and an Aki ruy, hope they come in a simalar condition!

I'm sure you'll be happy :) They'll go out tomorrow.
Thanks!
Andrew

You sent it to me on Tuesday didn't you? Anyway, they are here! My venus flytrap has a very healthy buld and I only know this because I pulled on the cup on the top and the tape pulled it up.:blush: The traps are bigger then my other typical witch used to have the biggest trap! It had only one black trap as well! The nep. looks great to, one opened pitcher and one already bigger then the old coming along! I not sure but are red leaves also a sign of a heathly plant? All I can say is great job and buy his plants for sure!:-D

Hi, Yah, i think it was Tuesday. glad you're happy with them :) The tape grabbed the plant? or pulled the plastic that was over the media? Sorry 'bout that. :blush: Glad it gave you a chance to view the rhyzome though hehe. The red leaves on the nep is because my green house has A LOT of light. (even though those are on the bottom rack) lol If you put it in less light they will go back green... some of my neps are all red leaves haha :)

Shouldn't there be a link to the store on the forum pages now? You've got enough ads for other retail venues...
~Joe

I'm still trying to figure all that out... putting those other ones on is easy. lol

I don't like how they put those google and ebay ads to buy plants from other places.

p.s. What happened to my smile signiture?

Well, I get paid just for those ads showing.. That's why they are there :-\

hmm.. i dunno. perhaps some settings with your new usergroup. i'll look into it :)

edit: yep permissions thing. all better, thanks :)

They got here fast after the e check cleared. Faster than expected :)

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

The 4th smallest one was one I split from another one

This pic sucks

DSC01934.jpg

That top plant's trap color makes me unhappy my typical isn't doing the same.

A typical VFT doesn't necessarily look like any type of VFT in particular. All it means is that the plant doesn't look like a named cultivar - two typical plants can (and usually will) look distinctly different from one another. Embrace the diversity.
~Joe

Yes it's true.. I have hundreds of typical vfts and there is a wide variance within them. It's also hard to say if your plant even came from the same tray, so it could be jlap's typical was on the edge of the tray getting more sun, and yours with more light could come out like that.... hard to say.

Mine has yet to really show its "true colors" to my since I got it last Feb. It is starting to color up and also has a crested trap at the moment, but it is only one.

ohhh yah, you didn't even get a typical from me. lol :eek: I thought you were referring to one you got from me on your recent order..... :p

:-)) I didn't mean to make it sound like that.

Thanks for the compliment on the color. I'm happy with the size and the price and the color and the packaging. Flytrapshop.com gets a score of 10 out of 10 pills.

untitled-4.jpg

Thanks for the compliment on the color. I'm happy with the size and the price and the color and the packaging. Flytrapshop.com gets a score of 10 out of 10 pills.

untitled-4.jpg

lol. What a unique scoring system! You should be proud, Andrew. Ten out of ten pills!

xvart.

Back