What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wow

I got up today and went outside to see that my plants were frozen solid. Every pitcher was like a rock, all the soil was like concrete, and 2 pots cracked. I looked inside and saw all the frozen bugs, wierd. Now I hear on the news it might snow tommarow. What is snow? I've never seen the stuff before, this is not like Texas.

-Rail

smile_k_ani_32.gif
i thought you woke up to that 20b!
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Wooh boy! Things are getting chilly here, too! When I woke up.... There was a little bit of FROST on a couple of ROOFS!!! Blimey!
smile_m_32.gif

Heh, I know. Today my house had some frost on the roof and the grass was frosty.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
If it gets any worse I wont be able to go outside or to work. If we get more frost it could stop traffic!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
This could bring bring Dallas to its knees!

-Rail

i woke up to -20 at 4:30, when i got to the next town over(40 miles) it was -29 at 6:30 this morning. thats with zero wind. frost stops traffic?!?!? heck i was doing 50 on snow pack and 2wd and having zero problems. you southerners need to learn how to drive
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

im under 1 and a half feet of snow...

Yeah, most poeple in the south have no Idea how to drive in ice. The number of wrecks on the road today was insane. Every time you look around, there is another ambulance or firetruck headed towards another crash. But you cant blame 'em, most people here have never seen real snow.

-Rail

LOL......

here..it is..what -10 below with feet of snow..and i think ur complaining about..frost?..we havent had any frost here since..octoberish?. lol..i guess i havent ever seen frost make icy roads either.

wow..i cant believe people can live without driving on roads with snow...either packed or very deep..its like a part of life.

well i wish u and ur plants to be safe.

thanks

Brad

I was just making light of it.  Every time it gets cold in the south all you yanks complane about how bad it is for you and that we should shut up.  If it were flipped around and you guys got 4 months strait of 100+ degree days we (the south) would be telling you to shut up and deal with it. There is no way in hell I would move to an area that gets more than an inch of snow a year though.  I dont understand why you all would want to live in areas like that.  Gotta be kidding me.

-Rail

well..lol..we do get 100 degree weather for..1 month or 2 ..no we may not have the humidity up here..but when u walk outside..its like every single drop of moisture is sucked from ur body..and then..the next day..it might be very humid like i hear the south is like and when u work outside it is like an instant "soak". lol..

i aint saying i LIKE it..i am just saying it would be odd without it..someday i will move somewhere warmer and not SO hot...hopefully

thanks

Brad

Back