What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you argee

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
I once heard somebody describe forum life like this

"its like a party where everyone waits for one person to put on a lampshade and start dancing on the table"

Id say this is an informal poll. Do you agree? Yes or no, and if so, why?

I disagree. To me, forums (this one in particular) are more like a neighberhood were everybody knows everybody else to one degree or another. We enjoy each others company and kid around quite a bit. And there's always someone to lend a hand or share a plant.

Well said, Steve! I figuratively stumbled onto TF and the like, while researching what the garden center plants were selling me. I had no idea that the concept of a discussion forum existed, much less one for CP's. It took awhile to get the hang of the computer end of things, as well as the cp terminology. Thanks to the teens and BCK, the pc end was brought up to speed. When I discovered the Trading Post, I found that some folks were also agreeable to friendships as well. This has been one, educational and social experience!
smile.gif

I would say it depends on the forum. This forum is more like a friendly neighborhood, I agree.
smile.gif

Others I've visited are much less...mature. Lots of one-upmanship, strutting and even flaming and trolling. I very much enjoy this forum because it is so nice. Folks are friendly and helpful. That's why I stay here.
smile.gif

Back