What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would like some info if possible

• Thread starter Leena32
  • Start date
D016F4E7-FA2F-459F-B192-424F14E2D75A.jpegnot sure if i’m posting in the correct area but i need some help as i can’t really find info on the cepholotus and not sure if i’m watering too much or too little as i’ve noticed some decline from a two week time period since i repotted it could be wrong though it’s just an assumption of its growth

I've lost more Cephs to accidental drying than over watering (most people fear too wet due to rot on these) but that mix looks like it'd be really wet, whatvis it? I basically follow the instructions by Jerry in this video and my Ceph has been growing like crazy:

thank you very much not sure on the mix itself honestly though i’m planning on making a mix to replant it soon with peat moss with a mix of sand

i’ve noticed some decline from a two week time period since i repotted it could be wrong though it’s just an assumption of its growth
But you don't know the mix? Where did it come from then?

It was gifted to me at the expo in one of the libraries the expo was locates at. I believe if I remember it was organized by California carnivores but yea the pitcher and the sarracenia were gifted to me by my friend

53A075D9-0E84-493C-B60E-A3AF00E43D0C.jpeg
this is the other i was gifted

I think it's just stress from repotting, I've accidentally let my cephs dry out a few times to find them wilted but they bounced right back I'd say it's just shock from repotting but also idk what it looked like prior to repotting..

BF2A946A-04FF-42DE-8A7B-DF803AA6FCA4.jpegI think it's just stress from repotting, I've accidentally let my cephs dry out a few times to find them wilted but they bounced right back I'd say it's just shock from repotting but also idk what it looked like prior to repotting..
that’s how it looked like prior though from the info i’ve been reading lately your most likely right on the stress of repotting. i’ll give it a few weeks for sure.

that’s how it looked like prior though from the info i’ve been reading lately your most likely right on the stress of repotting. i’ll give it a few weeks for sure.
Yeah I'd up the humidity a little and the gradually cut it back, but cephs are way tougher than ppl think I was reading about a guy who's ceph got lost in the mail for like a month and he revived it over the course of like 6 months but still.

That’s sounds quite a commitment as i in suchcircumastance would give up lol

my cephalotus is completely dead isnt it or can i save it?image.jpg

Thought that is a good photo it is hard to say without actually examining the plant. I assume a plant can be revived unless I know for sure it can't be. 'Nothing to lose by trying, I figure.

Back