What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst driver in the world award

Woman Passes Drivers Exam on 950th Try!

3b767d6a-73f5-42ac-9d00-99a2256f65bf.jpeg

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A woman in South Korea who tried to pass the written exam for a driver's license with near-daily attempts since April 2005 has finally succeeded on her 950th time. The aspiring driver spent more than 5 million won ($4,200) in application fees, but until now had failed to score the minimum 60 out of a possible 100 points needed to get behind the wheel for a driving test.
Cha Sa-soon, 68, finally passed the written exam with a score of 60 on Wednesday, said Choi Young-chul, a police official at the drivers' license agency in Jeonju, 130 miles (210 kilometers) south of Seoul.
Police said Cha took the test hundreds of times, but had no specific total. Local media said she took the test 950 times.
Now she must pass a driving test before getting her license, Choi said.
Repeated calls to Cha seeking comment went unanswered. She told the Korea Times newspaper she needed the license for her vegetable-selling business.

It took my cousin six tries but I'd have probably given up by #949!
:D

Man I hope I don't go like that.

Wow! I wonder how many questions it was.

It sort of sounds as if she can't read and was just guessing. If that is the case, it would have probably been cheaper for her to go take a class or two first then take the exam.

Jeez. Even the Yankees can win a world series in fewer tries.

She looks happy in the picture.... That's what it's all about. :)

I wonder how many tries it'll take for her to pass the Driver's test!

I wonder how many will die before she passes the drivers test! Probably better be a closed course!

Back