What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wondering if anyone has used......

I have some General Hydroponics Subculture that was given to me to try on my CP's. Has anyone tried this before? It has extremly low nutrients 0.1, 0.04, 0.02. Also has microorganisms that colonize the plants roots. It would have to be applied to the soil. Just looking to get peoples opinions?

I had used it along with a various brew of other beneficials and trichoderma sp. for years, one thing about the subculture.. it has been my personal experience something in it seems to kill dews, so be aware.

another issue i have with it is whenever you order it, the expiration date is always left blank... so there is no telling how old it is and they never could tell me how it was stored.

I no longer use it or recommend it, IMHO ampacbiotch.com's trich is the bomb

Always fresh and potent... and their new granular formula was developed and tested specifically to be drosera friendly...

Walmart also carries a Bacillus biological product, I would avoid it as well... there are reports of it killing cp's

but, it is always prudent to go slow when using any product for the first time

HTH's
Av

Thanks for the reply! I did see the thread on the ICPS forum but it never talked specificly about Subculture. I was planning on using on my Neps. and nothing else. So I might give it a try and see what happens! I have 2 N. lowii's that I think I'll do a test on and see if I can't get some results!

I had used it along with a various brew of other beneficials and trichoderma sp. for years, one thing about the subculture.. it has been my personal experience something in it seems to kill dews, so be aware.

another issue i have with it is whenever you order it, the expiration date is always left blank... so there is no telling how old it is and they never could tell me how it was stored.

I no longer use it or recommend it, IMHO ampacbiotch.com's trich is the bomb

Always fresh and potent... and their new granular formula was developed and tested specifically to be drosera friendly...

Walmart also carries a Bacillus biological product, I would avoid it as well... there are reports of it killing cp's

but, it is always prudent to go slow when using any product for the first time

HTH's
Av

Back