What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wistuba order questions.

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I want to order some plants from Wistuba. I want to order N. campanulata, N. adnata, and N. clipeata clone 3, because I can't find a US seller of the first 2. My total is 90,00 EUR. How much is this in USD, can I pay through and American PayPal account, is there any special paperwork, and when should I expect to receive my plants? If this question is against forum rules, feel free to delete it.

I eagerly await your replies,

Clint

This should calculate to about 114 US dollars. Can't comment on the other bits.

I would get your order in soon. From what I understand, Andreas is back in Germany from the ICPS conference and will soon be getting a phyo certificate to ship his plants to customers in the US. He usually ships many orders at once so if you don't get yours in soon, you'll either have to wait a while or pay for all the certificates. You may want to spend a little more because once you spend a certain amount, all S&H is free.

I've never had to pay certificates from Wistuba since he has a US Agent, nowadays though if you spend over $250 you have to pay a bit of shipping, it used to be free. Usually my orders are fine but since this last order which arrived in May I've lost more than 25% of my total order. SOMETHING must be done in their process to keep the plants from dessicating on their journey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My total is 90,00 EUR. How much is this in USD,
If you type "currency converter" (w/o the ") in Google, you'll have lots of options that will give you a quick response - as the currencies do fluctuate....

Swords, so does this mean my chances are high of getting dead plants?

is it worth i to import? if anyone has sources of these plants in the US i'd like a pm very much
smile.gif
i've e-mailed us. cp nurseries and got no response

Like I said, my orders have usually been fine with generally only one loss per order over a long period of time but this time was bad. Some died in a few days and some slowly rotted over a month or so, I got credit for the one that died a few days after arrival but don't think I'll get credit for the others. Whenever you import you run the risk of plant loss. Especially if they're shipped dry. Some plants just can't recover from that much dehydration.
I agree the US CP suppliers have gotten quite thread bare of the exotic Nepenthes species hopefully that will change soon!
smile.gif

Thank you guys for all of your help, and i greatly appreciate it
smile.gif

Back