What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wisconsin fellows ?

droseraguy

Illinois
We are heading to the Dells this weekend. Well almost all of us, the smart ones are staying put because of work. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows how the roads are from Chicago to there. Right now probably not good but by Sat/ Sunday unless we get alot more snow do you suppose they will be ok ?

You take 90 all the way there, which is pretty well taken care of. We always go in the dead of winter, if you're headed to one of the water parks, I say it's worth the risk.

You take 90 all the way there, which is pretty well taken care of. We always go in the dead of winter, if you're headed to one of the water parks, I say it's worth the risk.

Nothing says fun like a Wisconsin Water park in December. Bring your ice skates. LOL.

Actually they have a ton of water parks that are all indoors. Personally I love going to the Great Wolf lodge... they have 3 huge indoor water parks.

Our family all goes in together and rents one of the cabins. They are amazing... 8 rooms, 5 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, a theater room, hot tub, porch, fully furnished and comes with free tickets to the parks. Once you get enough people in, it actually becomes cheaper than a hotel room! It's really a fun winter vacation.

Damn... now I want to go.

Ya we're taking the kids and grandkids to the Great Wolf in lieu of actual christmas gifts this year. Just gotta get there first. Thanks Nate.

Awesome! Good choice, it's definitely a place to have a blast at.

Be safe on the roads!

I was in a indoor water park there a few years back. Not as good as an outdoor one, obviously, but it was still very nice.

I haven't been to the dells since I was 7 (1982), the same year Santa screwed me outta the Castle Greyskull HE-MAN playset actually... lol!

I liked the amphibious "duck boat" rides and the horseback cave tours the best. I've never seen any horses like those before or since - they had mustaches!

Back