What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Wonderland

So I may or may not have befriended a sarr god. Who may or may not have pointed me in the direction of an undisclosed location of wild CP's. And.. I may or may not have stumbled upon it this afternoon. :rolleyes:
Today's trip (bog was only 35min. from home) was good for a few pics, and a handful of seeds.
YAY for not being a wild sarr virgin anymore!
:boogie: Was definitely an amazing site for someone who's never seen wild sarrs before.

IMG_9350.jpg

IMG_9351.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_9355.jpg

IMG_9358.jpg

IMG_9353.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful sarracenias Mass. Lucky you:)!

WOW amazing! Looks like the purps there must be quite old.

Very nice...never ceases to amaze me how tough the northern purps are...cold doesn't even brown the pitchers.

I'm still a wild sarracenia-viewer virgin. D: lol

Great pics Mass. Awesome how it's only a 35 min drive, you can go there every week to see their progress in the summer.

I'm still a wild sarracenia-viewer virgin. D: lol

Great pics Mass. Awesome how it's only a 35 min drive, you can go there every week to see their progress in the summer.

Probably not.. it was EXTREMELY thick and wet. I sunk in twice up to my waist in muddy peat. Which is pretty friggin' deep considering I'm 6'3"!! Couldn't imagine trying to get through there in the warm season. But alas, I MUST! I really want to see live sarr flowers. Couldn't believe how the seeds were just pouring out of the dead flowers though. Only gathered 50-100 seeds out of the zillion seeds available.

Awesome!! So jealous of being able to see wild purps! Or any sarr for that matter.. Congrats on finding some!

Awesome. A couple of those pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing these!

Sweet!

merrychristmasemoticon.gif

Yay, you found some!!! Congrats! They look really healthy. That does look very, very wet. The Sphagnum looks really interesting. I'd love to see some spring pics. I'm glad you collected some seeds. I love seeing now site specific plants enter cultivation in a sustainable manner.

Very nice Mass. Looks like it was worth the hastle though!

I used to scan only the trading post of this website, no longer. This is where the true beauty is at, the ones in the wild.

I used to scan only the trading post of this website, no longer. This is where the true beauty is at, the ones in the wild.

really? You're missing out on so much!

I know! This forum is great and all it's member's are awesome! I hope to give back to you guys in the future. A special thanks to Aaron May for pointing this website out to me, when I was seeking to grow my Drosera collection (I'm always trying to grow it.) I see these things in the wild and suddenly take my hobby with a slight grain of salt and grattitude. These plants are amazing everything about them, I can't even begin to get into detail, but trully we are privelaged, and those who are ignorrant are at a great loss.

beautiful plants great of you to share the pictures
can you share a few seeds I would love to get a strong beautiful sarr like that

Lovely plants, Mass. Their progeny should look great in a pot. In situ with snow - cool.

Nice pics! So jealous you live that close to the wild stuff. Nice if you could get pics of the same site in the spring/summer when they are flowering. Looks real swampy there, was it hard to get to?

Looks real swampy there, was it hard to get to?

You have no idea. My fiance and I both were in past our knees at one point or another. Nearly lost our shoes!
Can't imagine how we're going to see anything in the grow season.

You have no idea. My fiance and I both were in past our knees at one point or another. Nearly lost our shoes!
Can't imagine how we're going to see anything in the grow season.

Waders, and a piece of styrofoam to help steady you in those deep parts you don't know are coming, works great to get through swampy areas, just make sure to protect that camera in waterproof wrap, LOL.

Back