What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Rosettes

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0102-1.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Special thanks to Joseph Clemens, Steve Allinger, "CP30", "Zero", and "Throckmoron".

NICE!!!!
looks like you have a nice and healthy collection of Mexican Pings!!!!
maybe I'll have that much in the future

Nice looking plants there !

plants look great.
it's neat seeing plants that I sent you growing so well.
they seem to be growing faster than mine.
do you feed them?

I have only occasionally intentionally fed then pulverized freezed dried bloodworms.

Looking good!

Someone likes yogurt.... :)

More pictures on the way. I re-borowed the camera in the hopes that I could get clearer pictures.

mmmm... Yogurt. Nice looking plants. What kind of soil mixture are you using? Do you vary it between species based on experimentation/experience?

Are they grown only by light from the window or do you supplement some light from light fixtures?

xvart.

you can kinda tell by the color that there is no light supplement
great plants
peace,
Zero

Nice plants Jim! Yes they look a little shade-grown but they're healthy shade-grown plants. From what I can tell you're keeping them all in trays, with no exception for the dormant P. gypsicola. Well keep it up and I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with a lot more flowers in the future.

Peter

ALL Mexican butterworts have been kept at the window sills; hence the incrediblt green look. The only one with any red to it is the P. agnata, which isn't pictured here. I took a bunch more pictures on the weekend and hope to have them hosted, culled, and uploaded soon.

I'm debating keeping them there or moving them to the attic, where it will eventually become hot and dry for the summer. I'm also considering keeping them outside, inder the porch, where they will get less than full sunshine, but avoid being rained upon and drowned, like last spring. I'm open to suggestions....

WOW! They are looking great! Kepp it up! - I plan on trying some of mine on the grow rack in the garage, but it will get ferociously hot in there this summer (>105F consistently). I want to put some under my front porch where they will get morning sun and FRESH air. And, finally, I want to make a plexi glass "shield" and put some on my outside grow rack in full morning sun. The shield will protect it from direct flooding rain.
I would suggest moving yours outside - protected, but outside.

Steve

Having taken the sprouted leaf / plants out of their respective bags last night I now have extras. I'll have enough to trade with, as well as to try the under the porch approach.

Back