What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter rest question

Hi!
I got a question. When the plant enters dormancy, what should I do about water? Should I leave the tray with a minimum amount of water? Or should I let it dry before adding more water?
Temps here almost never get under 0ºC

Just give the plant enough water to prevent it from drying out, the soil should always be slightly moist. Overwatering will make your plant susceptible to rot.

Just give the plant enough water to prevent it from drying out, the soil should always be slightly moist. Overwatering will make your plant susceptible to rot.

Couldn't have said it better. Moist, not saturated. Don't let things freeze solid for too long either, because that in itself can cause drying out since plants can't absorb frozen water.

I haven't used a tray myself, but I just water it when I think it needs to be. I've heard other people recommend a tray, however.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the answer!

Back