What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild Nepenthes in Borneo 96 photos

Here are the photos I promised, a good friend of mine took them summer of 2005. They did not come labeled so your guess is as good as mine. If for some reason you would like the original for wall paper of something let me know and I can upload it, most of them were 2000 x 3008 pixels.

After I get these up I will try to post 104 photos from his 2004 Sumatra trip as well.

Here we go
76275f32.jpg

d5d22d51.jpg

432f5c8a.jpg

314c003e.jpg

e06ecd2b.jpg

2a4b644d.jpg

0994b076.jpg

2cef1a87.jpg

02b37671.jpg

06997e2f.jpg

629beb1a.jpg

d6172fd1.jpg

9fccf435.jpg

393a7dd9.jpg

30c9934e.jpg

6a0a6bda.jpg

I hope you liked them and did not have to wait to long.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Wow!

The whole programm! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Whilst I love villosa, edwardsiana and macrophylla, I really adore tentaculata for its simple grace and incredible diversity - there are just so many different forms of it, growing from lowland altitudes to villosa levels. And veitchii is no slacker on the diversity stakes either.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
wonderful!!! So many that I would love to cultivate myself!!!!

One billion times THANKS!!!
Wonderful pics!!!
I love pics took in the wild, they are very useful.
Of course all the Nepenthes pics are wonderful!!!
Also all the different mosses are very cool!!!

Just a question: is that a Drosera spatulata the one close to the Nepenthes rajah ?

Kind regards

rajah

thanks for showing the wonderful neps of North Borneo ( Sabah).Taken in mesilau trail,isn't it. well done.

Robert

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Breathtaking. Seriously...I had to catch my breath at some of those.

Over how many mountains were those photos taken?

It's Incredible!!!!! Is the one with elongated peristome N. hurrelliana, isn't it?

Lam,how many mts u wanted to climb,just mesilau is enough to "blow you off"
smile_n_32.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FedeAbra @ Mar. 12 2006,6:33)]It's Incredible!!!!! Is the one with elongated peristome N. hurrelliana, isn't it?
Yes, it is.
Nice of somebody to include the Drosera in their photos.
I have a friend in the Boulder area, who went on a Borneo trip also and took some similar pics. The dusky slender pticher with the yellow peristome is N. murudensis .
 Very nice, very nice.

Cheers,

Joe

Back