What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why won't my plants stop growing?

So I repot my Leucos to peat perlite and BOOSH! New pitchers are sprouting up like crazy, my 'big mouths' are averaging up to 8 traps (12 on one plant), my Darlintonia are also pushing up some nice and healthy pitchers as the 60F nights have been a treat for their roots, and my D.capensis are digging the 25 degree night/day difference to the point they're starting to need more room. Oh, I forgot to mention the S.flava has burped out it's 4 biggest pitchers yet... and flowered. The only plants I have showing signs of dormancy are my typical VFTs (they're starting their fall ground leaves). I had to take some of these shots as we're going to have rain and cold here for the next few weeks. I DON'T WANT THEM TO GO TO BED YET!

(anyone like my son's pool in the background?)

cps03.jpg

cps02.jpg

cps01.jpg

cps5.jpg

cps4.jpg

I think your son's pool needs more CPs. Nice pics though.
~Joe

Man, those plants look SO Lowes! WNY? They'll slow down soon enough.

Wow...nice plants! Your darlings are beautiful!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 29 2005,7:13)]Man, those plants look SO Lowes! WNY? They'll slow down soon enough.
I didn't know Lowes' plants had a distinct look except for -bleh- when first purchased.
smile_n_32.gif
I got all my plants from this site or Mr. Cook. I've noticed there's a difference in appearance between Greenhouse grown and outdoor grown though... maybe that's it? I'm hoping they'll be a bit fuller in the Spring.

Actually the first 3 pics, with the Sarrs and cobra lilys. The VFT's at Lowes are just typicals. And I've never seen the Sarr. in the bottom pic there.

Cool plants. I think you should post a picture of your D. capensis
biggrin.gif

Back