What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why i dont make the wife mad.......

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 14 2006,8:42)]PETA lied to me!
mad.gif
PETA, like most organiations of that type reguardless of beliefs, like to lie to prove their point. spend a day up close around cows i promice you that you will quickly see just how silly that claim is. ive seen 500-600 pound cows send a man flying 10-15 feetwith a toss of their head. think thats bad you should see what a torqued off bull weighing close to 1800 pounds can do when properly motivated
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 14 2006,10:42)]PETA lied to me!
mad.gif
A terrorist organization lies and you are suprised by that?!?!?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Nov. 13 2006,11:05)]Its a shame I have never actually went hunting with a real gun yet.
sad.gif
As opposed to hunting with your imaginary gun, your cap gun, or your finger gun? Just kidding.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 14 2006,8:42)]
PETA lied to me!
Will wonders ever cease? Next your going to tell me that politicians distort the truth as well!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Nov. 14 2006,9:59)]
think thats bad you should see what a torqued off bull weighing close to 1800 pounds can do when properly motivated
lol. properly motivated? like after they get the "in a van down by the river" speech?

xvart.

LMAO..........was thinking more along the lines of removing one from a bunch of cows he really wants to be with. one of my wifes friends' dad tried that a couple months ago. wound up being flown out to a bigger hospital due to a collapsed lung amoung other injuries. spent 8 hours in the mud waiting for someone to notice he was gone to long and come looking for him. last thing he said to the boys before the plane took off was "leave that SOB in with the cows and DO NOT shoot the b@stard while im gone either!" he is a tough old guy. alot of ranchers have trucks that are beat to heck due to a bull that has an attitude.

Yea peat wants to save the whales and will blow up buildings to do it, How can they mange to save whales when they cant even tell the difference between a Botany lab and a Chemistry lab? (I think that was the case I dont rember all I know is some one on hear had the PEta people get one of their class labs confused and trashed by peta)

PETA is stupid.

Lol, I don't know about blowing up building but I remember them telling people to take acid instead of licking toads because it's stressfull for the toads and acid lasts longer lmao.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] in processing plants they are killed by a metal rod fired pneumaticly into the brain, quick painless and cheap.

Rattler is right. Its called a bolt. Its very fast...they drop immediately. Its not pleasant to think about but at least its about as humane as that is going to get.

PETA
thumbdown.gif
I have nothing good to say about them. So, I thought I would tell you.
scratch.gif

oh... like taking acid is any better than licking toads?

N e ways licking toads is still unhealthy cause the toads produce other stuff that could kill you.

its better to extract it from the dried toad skin...

rock.gif

Yeh, they kill by bolts alright. Quick and efficient.

And that was a nice shot there! Happy eating!
smile.gif

PETA, that stands for People Eating Tasty Animals right? LOL

Those bolts do kill a high % of the cattle outright, but lots of animals go through the system and a small % of delayed kills is still a big number.  And the system cuts them quickly so the still-beating heart can pump out the blood.  So it's no lie that some cattle die struggling while bleeding out.

Cattle in a factory slaughterhouse probably die more quickly than most deer shot by hunters, but deer and game birds and so on don't have to travel through the American meat production system.  And hunting doesn't contaminate waterways, threaten public health, abuse workers and so on.  That's why I think hunting is superior to much of the commercial meat industry.  A quick death at the slaughterhouse doesn't make up for all the problems created during the months leading up to that moment.

wasnt arguing that Bruce just pointing out how foolish it is to think that they hang the cattle upside down and than cut their throats. the only ppl who can believe that have never spent any time around cattle. i agree with your assesment of the meat industry whole heartily which is why i buy my beef from a local butcher who is dealing with his own and his neighbors cattle. the cattle never see a feed lot, just open range. granted there are still antibiotics and such but i would think its nowhere near what it is in other areas where the cattle are forced into constant close contact and not so good conditions that would require the heavy use of antibiotics

One thing everybody needs to remember. Different slaughter houses do things there own way. So all animals are not killed the same. Same types of animals are killed in different ways at different slaughter houses. Even some animals in the same slaughter house are killed in different ways. I know I've worked in a few different ones.

I can't speak for how cows are killed. One pork slaughter house I worked at mostly killed by cutting the thoats. Another killed by the bolt method described earlier.

I've seen chickens hung onto a conveyor line and then decapitated by a V shaped blade.

I've seen things that I'll never forget. Some animals suffered more than I can describe here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Nov. 14 2006,6:09)]PETA, that stands for People Eating Tasty Animals right?  LOL
lmao!
jestera.gif
oh.gif

Commercial egg farming isn’t much better. The chickens are kept under strictly controlled environment and feeding for maximum egg laying. They are kept overcrowded and such. The regime they are on so exhausts them that most producers replace their flock every year. And no-one wants to feed and house a exhausted chicken.

Ozzy, ofcourse your right in that they do it different ways. and yes i am aware of some using the slicing of the throat but none in their right mind would hang a consious cow upside down before slashing its throat. tis a workmans comp lawsuit waiting to happen. sure its cruel to the animal but its also down right dangerous to the ppl involved

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Nov. 14 2006,5:40)]N e ways licking toads is still unhealthy cause the toads produce other stuff that could kill you.
The compound that gets you high is the same compound that kills you. As with most drug, an overdose can and does kill.

IIRC there was a Darwin for this. A guy looking for a bigger high bite down on the toad and died from the amount of toxin released. The toad died from the bite. I bet the "crime scene" was something right out of The Far Side; dead guy on the floor with the back end of a huge toad dangling from his mouth...
laugh.gif

You do not want to know how we killed chickens back on the farm.
We also butchered at least one hog a year in late fall.  It was not pretty either.  We had to eat and did what was necessary to survive.

I will tell you I have never tasted better bacon, smoked ham and porkchops in my life.  The pickeled pigs feet and hog jowls were also very tasty.  Oh! I almost forgot the morsillia, blood sausage, with fried eggs and cornbread was my favorite breakfast.

Lol, don't forget it's only like one or two toads that that will work with lmao!

Back