What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why doesnt aubree have a red mouth?

• Thread starter aheartofglass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
A

aheartofglass

i recently recieved aubree - my beautiful venus fly trap, and i keep reading that she should have a little red in her mouth, yet there is none. why not? what can i do?

moved to the VFT forum. If I recall there was another question on red coloring recently.

The more sun the plant gets the more red in the trap. Although some varieties will stay green or at most get a pink blush. Slowly acclimate your plant to brighter light so you don't give it sunburn.
Tony

Hi and welcome to the PFT forums!
biggrin.gif

Here's the link to the thread Tony told you about if you want to check it out:   http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....;t=1342

Have fun and good luck!
smile.gif

I've had my vft for almost six months and it is just now starting to get red in the mouth. Sometimes it jsut takes time I guess.
tounge.gif

Once its in brighter light it could still take a while to get some red in its mouth. So don't think it needs more if it doesn' turn red right away.

For some reason my traps got red within a week of me putting them outside. I give them southern exposure and they are doing excellent! Today it was 105 degrees here in Illinois, I just give them plenty of water and they do really good.

Back