What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whisper internal powerfilters. 10i vs 2-10i

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hi guys. I just bought an internal powerfilter called 2-10i. there was also one that looked pretty much the same but with a slightly different box called just 10i. They were the same price. What's the difference? They cost the same, have a 90GPH rating, are the same size, etc. I probably should have opened them in wal-mart before I bought one, but I saved the recipt so there shouldn't be any problems trading them out.

What's the difference?

Clint.

hmm, I have no experience with these filters though whisper seems to be a quality, if not high performance brand.

I would encourage you to give your patronage to a local fish store over walmart. not because I hate walmart (though I am no fan) but because:

1) walmart has no business carrying live animals
2) LFS usually know their stuff and carry a higher quality of animal.
3) your money stays in the local economy for the most part.

Another benefit, is that many lfs's are supplied w/ at least some fish by local breeders, and having a, angelfish lets say, that was raised in the water of your area can be a huge advantage, not to mention you will probably get a much higher quality.

/end soap box.
smile.gif

Oh yeah I agree. I returned it and got a whisper 10 external instead.

I'd never buy animals from there, but there equipment is cheap.

do you grow aquatics? want to trade?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'd never buy animals from there, but there equipment is cheap

cheap is for the most part right. keep in mind that walmart forces companies to a bottom dollar price point, this usually means they have to cut corners somewhere. that is one reason petflytrap never sought walmart out as a vendor. trust me, your much better off with brands like ehiem, marineland, etc..

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]do you grow aquatics? want to trade?

I only have saltwater stuff right now, and nothing i am willing to trade.

Ahh No prob. Don't have SW anymore.

You'r right, eheim and marineland are great brands. The biowheel is amazing but it outgasses CO2 (or increases O2 a lot, depending on how you look at it)and i've heard the Biowheel grows so much bacteria it sticks. I was told to use the Aquaclear filters, but man they are SO ugly. Don't judge a book by it's cover I suppose.

Back