What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where you found them

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I was wondering where was the weirdest place you ever found one of your pets after they escaped. I just found my large crayfish in the middle of the lawn! :crazy: It managed to get out of the tank, out of my room, down the stairs, down a hall, into the kitchen, out of the door onto the porch, down more stairs onto another poarch, and into the grass! I think it would have been dead if it wasn't raining. I am still shocked how it did it! :crazy:

WOW, that's pretty amazing! Determnined little guy! I found my Fire Bellied Newt in my robe which was hanging on the back of my bathroom door. But he was dead :( I put on my robe and a very dry newt fell out. Scared the crap out of me, plus then I was sad he was dead :(

our dog under the sofa
when he was young he accidently rolled his ball under it and crawled after it but could'nt get back, we were searching the entire house until one of us said try under the seat's! and we saw him there ;)

our dog under the sofa
when he was young he accidently rolled his ball under it and crawled after it but could'nt get back, we were searching the entire house until one of us said try under the seat's! and we saw him there ;)

Hahahaha, awwwww. Silly puppy ;)

Aww, that is cute, poor puppy though, he must of been happy to get out!

When I was a kid my hamster escaped into an unfinished outlet hole in the wall for a few days. I put a wood chew treat by the outlet hole he smelled it and I caught him.
After that I made sure to watch him every minute he was in his "wandering globe" or whatever they're called.

Once upon a time my box turtles managed to slip out of sight when I was giving them a little exercise and sun in the back yard. I never found them in the yard.... This was around august. I found them the next summer... well a neighbor found them digging their way out from under his hedges all the way down our street. He was trying to sell them but I let him know the circumstances and he gave them back to their daddy with a smile and laugh. Im glad they stuck together and survived the icy winter in their burrow. =)

woah amazing

My budgie has crash-landed into my highland Nep chamber more than once... not sure how he so consistently finds his way inside as I keep it zipped shut. I'll hear him fly off and collide with something and afterwards he always chooses the strangest places to hang out until I find him. Once he got in the cupboard.
~Joe

My cat locked up in my brother's closet.

Years ago, we discovered that a cat had knocked over my daughter's gold fish bowl and, we assumed, had eaten the goldfish. A while later, I was picking up some stuff on the floor and saw something under a dresser. It was the goldfish and it seemed dead, but I put some water on it and held it in the palm of my hand. Soon it was flopping around and I refilled its bowl and that fish lived for a long time afterwards.

2 foot spotted python....found in the toilet after being MIA for 3 months

Trapper7,

I had a couple of fire bellied newts when I was younger. One night I forgot to put the top back on the tank and one of them escaped. My Mom found him dead (and dried up) on my messy bedroom closet floor.
Poor guy. I was devestated.

I had a skink (reptile type lizard) in college, in the dorm that escaped when I had him out and was playing. That was September. Turned out he crawled in the the HVAC duct work and resurfaced in April, in someone elses room.

I have a good story for this one....

Years ago, while living in this apartment complex, my cat jumped into the moving truck when one of the neighbors was moving. We lived in San Jose at the time... the cat was found, alive and VERY scared, in the back of the truck... in Fresno... about 120 miles away. A very kind lady took him in for us and kept him till we could drive down there the following weekend. She later told us that he spent the entire week hiding under her bed, meowing at the top of his voice. She said that she was never so glad to get rid of a cat in her life.

I have a good story for this one....

Years ago, while living in this apartment complex, my cat jumped into the moving truck when one of the neighbors was moving. We lived in San Jose at the time... the cat was found, alive and VERY scared, in the back of the truck... in Fresno... about 120 miles away. A very kind lady took him in for us and kept him till we could drive down there the following weekend. She later told us that he spent the entire week hiding under her bed, meowing at the top of his voice. She said that she was never so glad to get rid of a cat in her life.

LOL. Poor cat.

I have two...

1: A few years ago I had a hamster. One day someone forgot to close the cage door, and when I went to see the hamster, she was gone. We looked everywhere, and my parents were freaking out because they didn't want a dead hamster stinking up the house. I was looking under the couch in the same room as the hamster cage was in and I saw some fluffy stuff on the ground. I didn't know what it was so I tipped up the couch and there was a hole in the bottom of it. Inside that hole was the hamster, who had made a tunnel through the couch and was happy with her new home. She had to come out though and went back in her cage.

2: A few years ago we had two parakeets. We let their wings grow out so they could fly around the house. Me and my brother liked to drop to the floor whenever one of them flew over us and let them chase us around. One day in December we had our Christmas tree set up and the male parakeet flew into it. I was looking for him all over in the tree but I couldn't find him. Then he made a LOUD squeak noise that scared me, and I looked to my side and he was right next to me in the tree. Then he flew back over to his cage and started dancing around on his perch thing. By dancing I mean walking back and forth bobbing his head LOL. Another time was when he came flying out of his cage, flew all over the house, and then I can't remember where we found him but it was either behind the curtains in the laundry room or in my mom's slipper. He was funny.

Several years ago I adopted a two cats. When I got them they were very fat and have since lost weight. One of my cats went missing the first day I got her and a few hours later she was found shoehorned into a TWO INCH high crevice under a heavy wooden dresser. I still have no idea how a fat cat could squeeze into there.

My corn snake escaped and ended up in my roomates laundry. He took the laundry home which was 30 miles away and his mom began to wash the clothes not knowing she would meet a corn snake. I got a phone call a week later with his scared mom in the kitchen with a broom fearful of the harmless critter. My corn snake was returned safely.

Several years ago I adopted a two cats. When I got them they were very fat and have since lost weight. One of my cats went missing the first day I got her and a few hours later she was found shoehorned into a TWO INCH high crevice under a heavy wooden dresser. I still have no idea how a fat cat could squeeze into there.

If their whiskers can fit, they can fit. That's what I've heard.

Back