What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do u place ur cps?

hi guys...

was wondering many of us have different growing environment for our own plants... wondering how some of you grow your plants in flats and also for those living in private houses... maybe we can learn a thing or 2 from one another?

I grow mine in an open roof top balcony... where i get at least 7hrs of full sun a day... yup... and if it rains i dun have to water it... if it doesn't i water it once a day, around in the evening...

Hi,

Im currently growing some VFts and sundews from wezx at my balcony too. But most of the time it does not have direct sunlight, instead it is bright but shaded. Im using those clip-on lights(9w working as 60w type). Its daylight type and i on it for about 14 hrs.

Its amazing that my VFTs are doing well with the lights. The new leaves are getting bigger and broader.

45904.jpg

The 2 below are from wezx and the top are from FEF.

At my north-slightly-west facing balcony...  
smile.gif

balcony_panorama51_rs.jpg

All plants are watered with either tap or distilled water. It's bright whole day, with direct sunlight only in the late afternoon  from March to October.

Shelves are for cuttings and some sundews under florescent lights.

Hi there, I grow everything outdoors. The sundews appear to like this; when I placed them in a shaded area many just died. One drawback - the plants are exposed to the elements and small plants cld be washed away (dunno how real the risk is actually)(.

Hi,
I also plant outdoors, and mostly neps.
I would love to enjoy such long hours of direct light as your balcony would, clayton, Only some small areas in my house can get that type of light and I put the VFTs there while the neps sit under 50% shade cloth, which only comes in useful for the several hours of sunlight that fall on them. This time of the year some of them are totally shaded!
smile_h_32.gif

I agree with the over-exposed part, while the neps love rain, many of the small VFTs or sundews suffer when the droplets get too big. I still put LFS as a top dressing although it gets slimy as it prevents the peat from splashing and drowning young plants.
THanks

I grow my plants in artificial lights with a lllittle bit of sunlight. So for my plants, its always bright! even when raining.

Back