What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When can I feed young nepanthes & question about lids

• Thread starter power270lb
  • Start date
These are my 3 pitchers nepanthes vivid machine, nepanthes lovely beast and nepanthes Titanic savior. Have had them around 2 months and they're under spider farmer sf-1000s from 6m-10pm. My plant room has been hot all summer and temps usually sit high 80s to low 90s (no AC in that room).

On the lovely beast u can see a pitcher opened but the lid is strange to me, almost like it reseeded (doesn't look like pictures where the lid is open) I'm wondering can I feed? I have beta fish pellets but wasn't sure exactly when I could feed. Rest of the pitchers appear closed on other nepanthes.

Also the leaves are reddish, am I giving them too much light? Unfortunately the light here isn't great, buildings block direct sun so it's a lot of indirect light. Any tips and suggestions I'm all ears. When do you usually first feed how old are they roughly?

Attachments

• PXL_20220810_213557186.jpg
    PXL_20220810_213557186.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220810_213602550.jpg
    PXL_20220810_213602550.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 6
Yeah they're fine to feed. I feed as soon as the pitchers are big enough to fit a betta pellet into. On very small pitchers I'll tear the lid off to make way for the pellets.

Red leaves are fine. Blotchy red and dried out leaves are a sign of too much light.

Yeah they're fine to feed. I feed as soon as the pitchers are big enough to fit a betta pellet into. On very small pitchers I'll tear the lid off to make way for the pellets.

Red leaves are fine. Blotchy red and dried out leaves are a sign of too much light.
Wow really you can tear the lids off and they're fine? Looking at mine what do u think ready to feed? How often do u feed and how many per plant?

Back