What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to get?

I am thinking of getting an orchid. I will keep it in the house in an ENE facing window. Just wondering what type or variety would work the best for my situation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Buckmaster

Heres some easey to grow ones : Vanda, Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, and Cattleya. I the ones I've listed grow fine with 70-80 in the day and 65-55 at night.

Hi Buckmaster

I agree with Tristan. I don't have any vandas or catts but my phal and dens do well with east light. They are easily found in most garden shops and greenhouses.

I hope you do get one...orchids are kinda like CPs in that once you get one...you'll most likely get more.
Orchids are thought of as being difficult to grow requiring greenhouses and such but many can be grown quite easily in the home in a window. I use hangers for some of mine and just string one from the other so I can get 3-4 in one window and one space.

Let us know what you get!

Suzanne

Back