What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the Hail?

• Thread starter CPsinSC
  • Start date

CPsinSC

Ryan + Sara
Anyone else get hail today? We got slaughtered with it for a good half hour today and a number of different times. Luckily the plants did not get damaged, somehow :)

hail1.jpg

Hail in Motion, lol

hail2.jpg

Sorry mods.. someone move me to general discussion .. coulda swore I was in that area, my bad!

I bid $5 for all the plants in the above pictures. I'm sorry, did you mention who pays shipping?

haha noah is crazy!! I bid $6 you pay shipping and since it's in general, bidding is over I win. I'll pm you my address. :)

Ugh... hail. There was a terrible hail storm just over a year ago and I had to run out in it to get my wife from the car since she was commuting home from school when it just came. I had a cardboard box that I was holding and we were running under. It was good sized, too; probably just under a half inch inch at the biggest. I swear my finger almost broke holding on to that box! Oh, and our car was totaled with $4,000 of hail damage.

I'm glad your plants survived!

xvart.

Wow, while I can't match up to Xvart's story, about a year and a half back or so we had a mad hail storm that just didn't let up. Luckily all of my plants were inside (one of the rare occasions where they are inside.) After all was said and done, the next morning there was 4+ inches of hails EVERYWHERE. Was really amazing.

When I went to my hort class that day, the shade cloth structures were bowing down from the weight of all of that ice. Hail is cool granted you don't need to worry about damage to person or property. lol

Glad to hear that everyone's plants made it out alright!

Hail is kinda neat to see falling but it sure does a lot of damage. Having been caught out in a hail storm once with no protection...I can tell you...hail HURTS.

I now reopen the auction on Ryan's bog. I bid $10. Ooops. Bidding closed! :-P-:

Geez...$4000 in damage? That hurts more than hail.

Ryan, I'm glad your plants were ok. That's lucky.

I now reopen the auction on Ryan's bog. I bid $10. Ooops. Bidding closed! :-P-:

Dang! I was just about to bid $200 for the NASC but since the auction is closed... lol.

Geez...$4000 in damage? That hurts more than hail.

Yes, luckily insurance covered it and since the car is getting to be a little too old and busted anyway we just pocketed the money and I now drive a terrible looking car! I feel like I'm in high school again with my old jalope.

xvart.

Back