What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of snake am I

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
8910f49b-62a7-475a-ac0c-11ed329d12ef.jpg

Could be a leafnosed snake (Phyllorynchus) but the build looks wrong and the blotches are too close. Maybe an abberant california king, but again, the build is too thin.

Possibly a coral snake in very poor lighting, or with some sort of abberant pattern?

Mokele

MAybe a fox or a grey phase corn

I know what kind of snake you are.
laugh.gif
smile_n_32.gif
But you don't look like that picture.

smile_h_32.gif

it would help to know where the snake was found. notice how small and pointed the head is, it looks like a milk snake or a scarlet snake.
or...is it a longnose snake.... Rhinocheilus lecontei i have found longnose that have very variable pattern and color. i would say lampropeltis or rhinocheilus

-josh

Oh Great Oz -

So what's the prize? An all expenses paid trip to see the Green Swamp?!?
laugh.gif

Given that this picture was probably taken by you, and probably taken somewhere in your neck of the woods, my best guess would be an Eastern Milksnake, Lampropeltis triangulum triangulum.

Mike

I may not be able to give you an all expense paid trip, I will give you a nice cp tour of the Green Swamp.

I got the pic off the net, I think it was taken in AZ.

HAH! that snake is a longnose snake (Rhinocheilus lecontei) the long nose is the only tricolored snake species to be that messy lookin in arizona and have that nose. all the other tricolored species are much more clean looking. very nice looking specimen.

also, if you compare its body size with the width of that tire track, its not a real small snake. so its not a shovel nose, definitely a long nose

I have to agree. After many trips into Arizona, I found a lot of longnose that looked similar. There is an aberrant color phase that has almost no red, prominent on the black. No Lampropetis, that's for sure. Reminds me of my California longnose. Named the beggar Roscoe.

Back