What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of plant pot do you use ?

Recently I've been looking through some photo of people's carnivorous plants and wondered the following: would a mesh pond basket be better for nepenthes than a regular one because of the air circulation ?

In my terrarium, I used the regular square pots that the plants came in and they do just fine but I wonder if the plants would do better in a mesh one instead. I also bought cheap plastic basket shelf that has the same design as mesh pond basket and wonder if I could use that for a plant pot because I heard somewhere that some plastic can contain chemical that leech into the soil ?

Discuss:
- Types of plant pots you use for your carnivorous plant. What do you find working better ?
- Other creative way you house your plant.

If you can keep the moisture right mesh pots are better IMO. Keep in mind they will dry out much quicker.

Back