What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you know about Midi Control?

No, not MIND control but MIDI control (keyboard synthesizers for computers). I'm looking at the M-Audio Axiom 61 Key controller keyboard: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Axiom61.html for use with virtual synthesizer & virtual symphony software like the Absynth, Orchestral Gold and similar. My question is for those of you who have done recording the old timey way of running synthesizers, guitars, etc through a mixing board and into a multi-track recording device compared to getting into using the new technology hooked up with software and all that. Is it simpler since there's only the one USB cord going into the PC from a MIDI input device or more of a headache trying to multi-task multiple softwares in sync? I had my PC built for this project (moving into all digital recording) in summer of 07 going by the computer music mags I was buying at the time but I haven't gotten around to starting to get it all together until now.

Since I'm ready to start the fun part (buying stuff) I thought I'd try and get as much input from folks as I can on what they like / don't like about recording music on the PC. And of course, if you've used a Midi controller, which one, have you used the Axiom? It gets rave reviews by most "pro" reviewers but what about the average experimenter - especially one who's mainly familiar with 1994 technology!

Good luck with your search. I do not know anything about MIDI's except that there are some really good files out there, especially on video game music. The file size is super small and works well when burning onto a CD! :)

You probably knew this already. Good luck with your search!

Back