What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using DAWs and Midi synths?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Hey folks I'm getting more and more into the idea of creating, recording and producing my music on a PC. I've got a massive system eyed up for purchase but I'm wondering which programs and keyboards some of you might use?

I'm looking at a playable size midi controller keyboard as I'm not into making dance loops and stuff like that but playing actual songs. But I've seen that Sonar 6 Producer edition will also synch up with video as well as all the cool recoring features such as unlimited tracks, etc. Is anyone here using DAWs and Midis? I'd like to hear from you if so! I'm totally new to it but it looks so much more versitile than actual one off keyboards which is what I'm used to but there's so much available now it's keeping me up at night! :)

my sister and I got this program about 5 years ago called Melody Assistant:
http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/melody.htm
According to the site you can set it to record keyboards, but I've never tried. It's designed so you click in the notes and it plays it back for you. an exercise in patience, but I highly recommend it...the program is very versatile and the music quality is surprisingly good.

Back