What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well that move went well.

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
After looking like a molt was imminent for what seemed like "forever", Tannenbaum molted. Ecdysis occurred without a hitch this time. (Last time, Tannenbaum had a bad molt and I was concerned as whether it would survive to molt again ... and do so successfully if it did.) It was also time to step it up into a larger enclosure, IMO. So first order of business was to extract the bugger from its silk tube.

2affdd13.jpg

And of course there was the obligatory short stroll as we went from the old to new estate.

bb12ac33.jpg

Upon entering its new enclosure, it headed straight for the bark "tube" I had set up for it. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

0e462a1c.jpg

Move went off without a hitch.

e10471f4.jpg

What a gorgeous spider! Glad to hear his molting went well.

Looks like a versicolor to me.. Makes me miss my big girl. At least she made me 1200 slings before I sold her.

DCP_0707.jpg

Travis1106-2.jpg

Travis1106.jpg

I lost my a. versicolor to a bad molt. lost a leg and never molted further.

Yep, Tannenbaum is a versi. Currently has a DLS of about 3inches, I think. Lost my versi before this one to what I believe may have been a molt issue. Glad that this one made it through. Now if I could only figure out what sex it is.....

Back