What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Things in the Greenhouse

• Thread starter hcarlton
  • Start date
Apparently the very walls of my highland tent are alive...because I've got mushrooms growing out of the fabric seams
Peziza sp. by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

I don't know anything about mushrooms, but I do hear lots about breating spores. So, this probably wouldn't sit well with me. :LOL: Is it still alive? Seen any more activity around the perimeter of the greenhouse?

I don't know anything about mushrooms, but I do hear lots about breating spores. So, this probably wouldn't sit well with me. :LOL: Is it still alive? Seen any more activity around the perimeter of the greenhouse?
As I no longer have the same setup, having moved house...nothing is living in the previous tent. New setup will not be so inviting for things growing in the fabric.
Also we breathe fungal spores all day, every day; so long as there isn't a massive quantity or you aren't kicking up dust in areas with known pathogenic species (sorry to those in the Arizona desert...) it's not actually the big deal a lot of people think it is. Something like this (which I learned from a fungus group is a Peziza sp.) is harmless.

Meh, Coccidioides/valley fever doesn't worry me. I only hear of visitors/transplants really getting it. And pets. I stir up plenty of dust and am unaware of any infection and I know of very very few locals diagnosed with it. I recently read its spreading though. So from the prior info I'm more worried for the people in zones it is moving to than to people from here.

Back