What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird phenomenon

Hey guys, I meet a troublesome issue, every single of my Nepenthes Ampullaria leaves grows well except for a young leaf, in the beginning, it grew as normal the pitcher bud is red and started to grow bigger, but after I fertilized in a Suitable dosage, the rest of leaves were pretty well include the top bud until I found this single pitcher bud stopped growing and getting darker, I'm not sure it will cause this problem, maybe the temperature was low or too much sunlight, could you analyze it for me? what can I avoid this happen again, Thank you!

Attachments

• www.jpg
    www.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 22
We need a lot more specific info about all aspects of your conditions to really answer anything. This is a lowland plant that likes fairly damp soils (with clean water, and preferably not significantly fertilized in the soil at all) and bright light; the visible issues I see are the leaf discoloration which makes me think of a nutrient deficiency (which can be caused by overabundance of some nutrients after being fertilized) or a root problem, but one photo without specifics doesn't say much.
Also, if you're spraying the plant so that it's got water all over it (as I see water sitting on all the leaves), stop that practice. Misting/spraying only potentially hurts the plant, does not help in any manner whether it's in an open environment (causes strong humidity fluxes and temperature fluxes) or a closed space (should not be necessary to retain humidity).

Let me explain that, the yellow leaf is a young leaf, it is coloring yellow as it has a high content of lutein, not all yellow leaves indicate that the leaves are aging, and all the basic breed things I am fully prepared for it and that's why I don't know the pitcher bud stopped developing.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me explain that, the yellow leaf is a young leaf, it is coloring yellow as it has a high content of lutein, not all yellow leaves indicate that the leaves are aging, and all the basic breed things I am fully prepared for it and that's why I don't know the pitcher bud stopped developing..

- - - Updated - - -

Spraying is good for them, I have tried and I believe this is not the cause of the problem.

No, spraying is not good. Tried and true knowledge there and claims otherwise are only passed around among growers who misunderstand the importance of humidity and how to implicate it properly for steady conditions (no plant likes sopping leaves or sharp fluxes in environmental conditions); it is not the source of the "issue" mentioned (which I'm starting to think is not an issue but just one leaf that won't pitcher) but it is not a benefit in any fashion. And I have never seen a healthy young ampullaria or amp hybrid start off with yellow leaves; they start deep green or bronze/reddish, and green up from that point on, not yellow, and a leaf that far into development either way should certainly not be looking chlorotic as that is (and as it's a new leaf I am not in any way referring to a senescence process). Nor most Nepenthes that don't have some sort of mutation affecting pigmentation (I can think of maybe two clones with such a presentation out of thousands with records), and there are no Nepenthes breeds, only species and hybrids.
Back to square one: details of your conditions, since they haven't been given to try and determine a cause, if there is any to be determined.

Thanks for your analysis. whether spraying is harmful or not is determined by many factors, such as evaporation and the size of water droplets. To simply deny the effect of spraying on plants is obviously not objective.
I can assure you that my leaf is healthy and the young leaves of each leaf are tender yellow is healthy too.
So sorry I cannot agree with you.

Can you explain why can not water on the leaves?

Back